Ch. 11 {The Last Name} Confrontation With L

*With Light*

Light, along with his family and the investigation team, just attended Shiori's funeral. It was gloomy that day. But that didn't stop Light from thinking about tomorrow. Tomorrow was the day he would work on the Kira Case and see L, his rival, again.

Watari was driving Light to the new headquarters that the case would be held. They soon arrived and Watari explained the rules to Light and silently went up in the elevator. They entered the room where everyone was in.

"Ryuzaki, Mr. Light Yagami has arrived" Watari addressed to L. "Ryuzaki? Oh, you go by a false name" Light said as he sat on a black leathered sofa across from L, who was playing chess. Light then started to play the game. "So why did you invite me here?" Light asked. "If I die now, you'd be the first to be suspected." L simply said. "So, if you die, I'm Kira, huh? On what grounds?" Light asked. By this time, this caught everyone's attention.

"All the inside information has been leaking to Kira. So I had the FBI watch some people, including you." L said taking a bite of his chocolate bar. "I knew I was being followed" Light said as he moved a Queen on the chessboard. "But regrettably, all the FBI agents were killed. Still, we identified one suspect. The suspect who fit Kira's profile was..." L drifted off. "Me?" Light asked. "Right. That's why we had your room bugged and monitored." L said. "That's illegal. Did my dad know?" Light asked.

"It was an emergency." L said staring at Light now. "In that case, I should be cleared" Light said looking back at L. "You could have outwitted us. Naomi Misora got to you without any information from us." L said. "Stop it!" Matsuda interrupted. "How could you say that? Light's girlfriend was just killed by Naomi Misora." "Kira can manipulate death." L said back. "You mean to say that I killed Shiori and Naomi?Why?" Light asked. "So people would sympathize and let you on the team. To kill me. But there's one thing I'm trying to figure out." L said as his eyes stared into Light's.

"And what's that?" Light asked interested. "Even though Naomi Misora and Shiori were killed, Miss Scarlett Johnson didn't die." L saw a spark in Light's eyes. "She was only shot in the process." L said watching Light more carefully. Light smiled and looked down at his hands. "She must have been lucky." "Or that Kira cares for her in a way" L fired back causing Light to look back up at L.

"Stop! Don't you have any feelings at all?!" Matsuda yelled at L. "Mr. Matsuda, it's fine. I'll prove to everyone that I'm not Kira." Light looked at L. "How do you think I kill people?" Light asked. "That's exactly what I can't figure out. If I knew, it would solve everything." L said leaning back. "What if all the evidence were to point to me?" Light asked. "The penalty is death." L said eyes wide. Light made a final move on the chessboard and said. "Checkmate."

L looked down at the chessboard then back to Light. "Well done" L commented even though he was disappointed. "None of us suspect you. Ryuzaki was only monitoring you to eliminate every possibility." Ukita said. "I know it was necessary. But more importantly, we should stop Kira right away." Light said as he stood up. "I also hope that you aren't Kira." L said as he ate more of his chocolate bar.

Light saw Ryuk come out behind where L was sitting. "I could let you see his real name.... in exchange for half your remaining lifespan. Then you could kill him on the spot." Ryuk encouraged Light. Light smirked down at L but then asked. "Do you know where my dad is?" Light asked. "He went to check up on Scarlett and see how she's doing. If she's well enough, then she could come back to working on the case." L said. "Oh, that's so great! I'm so glad!" Matsuda said excitedly. Unknowing to them, Light was smiling to himself and Ryuk was chuckling out loud. "Looks like you get to see your precious girlfriend, Light"

*With Rose*

I started to wake up from a good nap. I woke up in the same room in the hospital. Arashi startled me when I found him staring down at me and sitting near me. "Did I scare you?"Arashi asked in a joking way. "No. You just startled me. And you should stop your staring..... its creepy." I said. Arashi chuckled. "Sorry, I'm just bored and I really want my beef jerky." "Well sorry. I'm kinda stuck here." I said chuckling a bit. Arashi smiled at me and then my door opened and it was Mr. Yagami.

"Mr. Yagami? What are you doing here?" I asked. "I came to see how you were doing." Mr. Yagami said as he stood by me. "Well I'm doing fine." "In that case, you can come back to work tomorrow." Mr. Yagami said. "Alright then. Did anything happen while I wasn't there?" I asked. "Well, no, but my son is now helping on the case with us." He said. "Well that's great. I'm sure he'll help us a lot." I smiled. Mr. Yagami smiled back. "Well, Scarlett, I'm glad you're alright, and we're glad your coming back to work with us.... especially Matsuda." That caused me to softly chuckle. "I'm sure he really is" Mr. Yagami smiled again and said good bye to me. I laid back down on the bed and massaged my wounded but almost healed bandaged shoulder.