Ch. 12 {The Last Name} The 2nd Kira

*With Rose*

It was the next day and I was checked out of the hospital. Watari drove me to where the new headquarters was. I had to admit it looked huge and almost fancy looking. I followed Watari to the room where everyone would be. Once I entered, everyone looked towards me and the next thing I knew, Matsuda was giving me a bear hug.

"Oh Scarlett, your back! I missed you so much!" Matsuda said all happily. Matsuda was squeezing the life out of me. "Matsuda-can't breathe-c-can't breathe!" He immediately let go of me. "Sorry, Scarlett" Matsuda said, lowering his head in shame like a dog. I just smiled at him telling him it was ok and the rest of the investigation team welcomed me back, Mr. Yagami wasn't here.

I then realized that there was someone else here. The same guy I saw a couple of times. Light Yagami. He was staring at me ever since I entered through the door. "Scarlett, this is Light Yagami, he will be working with us on the case. Light, this is Scarlett." L introduced us to each other. Light and I stared at each other and it felt like forever.

Light put on a handsome smile, almost a smirk and put his hand out to shake. I grabbed his hand and we shook hands and slightly bowed to each other. "It's nice to meet you, Scarlett" Light said kindly. "Yeah, nice to meet you too." I said smiling sweetly. We saw each other a few times, but I acted as if this was the first time meeting him. Light seemed to follow my act. I noticed that Light's hand was warm and comforting. He seemed to softly tighten his hold on my hand, but soon let go.

"Where's Mr. Yagami?" I asked. "He went to see the Commissioner." Aizawa said to me. I nodded. "Well then, now that that's settled, the Sakura TV station just got news from someone called the second Kira." L informed us and the screen came up showing a newscaster. We all focused on the screen and it just so happened that Light was standing next to me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Comissioner and Mr. Yagami watched the news on the television in his office. The media was starting to accept to Kira's terms. The leaders of the organization know think it wasn't a bad idea to have criminals killed. It even said on the bottom of the screen "WE SUPPORT KIRA." The TV was shut off and the commisioner slammed his remote on his desk.

"Who made these idiots apart of the media?" The commisioner shouted to Mr. Yagami. "I feel responsible for this." Mr. Yagami confessed standing stiff. "Tell me, Yagami. Where are you hiding our men?" The commissioner asked staring Mr. Yagami down. "We need to follow L's orders." Mr. Yagami reasoned. "Yagami, we don't know who L is. He's never revealed himself. How can you be sure to trust him?" Mr. Yagami was silent as he took in his words.

"And you mentioned this other detective. A young woman from America. How can you trust her as well? I've heard about the Americans and how they run their government. They think they're better than anyone else. I told you how I felt towards Americans." The commisioner said with disgust. Mr. Yagami avoided eye contact and held his tongue to object his boss. "I can't say anything about L and the young woman isn't what you think she is." Mr. Yagami said.

"You ignorant fool!" "L and the American woman are putting their lives on the line. We believe the both of them." Mr. Yagami said honestly. The commissioner was quiet for a minute. "Fine. I'll get you anything, people, equipment, money... So catch that bastard!" he shouted, Mr. Yagami nodded.

Mr. Yagami's cell rang and he answered it. One of the task members contacted him about something very important that was happening right now. He hung up and looked at the Commissioner. "Commissioner. Sakura TV is broadcasting a message from Kira." The Commissioner turned serious as he grabbed his remote and turned the TV back on to the station with the newswoman announcing a "Second Kira."