John B

Story line: Y/n didn't mean to fall in love with her brothers best friend. But it doesn't help that you and your brother JJ are always over at John B's house because of her dad. But one day she's had a rough day and John B noticed and decided to make her feel like better evan tho he doesn't have alot of money he desides to take her on a boat ride and asking her out on a date.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Y/n's Pov

I was having a pretty shitty day. First I slept passed my alarm making me late to school, Rafe wouldn't leave me alone and not only spelt coffee all over my white shirt which I didn't have an extra and last but not least I was late to work, which also had Rafe showing up and kept sending his food back even tho it was exactly the way he wanted his food.

Rafe's always getting on my nerves. If he's not bugging me he's messing with my brother and my friends. Which today when I get go John B's place seeing him and my brother is probably gonna be the only good thing about my day since they always know how to make me smile.

Especially John B. I've had feelings for him since I could remember. He has also been in my life since JJ and I were kids. I couldn't deal with my dad without John B. I know my brother feels the same way since he gets the worse beatings than I do.

I'm just scared that once my brother knows about my feelings than I may not be able to see John B anymore. Or at least that's what I thought because I didn't know that Pope, JJ and Kiara have been trying to set us up for the longest time.

John B and I haven't even know that our friends were trying to get us together. I guess John B and I are just to oblivious to what's going on around us.

I had just gotten to John B's house after a long day from work. I didn't notice that John B was home cause I just walked in his house and laid on the pull out bed and groaned into a pillow.

I laid there for a few minutes until I heard footsteps coming towards me. I lifted my head and looked to see who it was. And to my luck it was John B. " Where's JJ?" He asked.

I shrugged and laid my head back on the pillow. " Okay what's up cause your never this quiet." He tells me as he sat on the bed. " Rough day." I tell him as I sat up to sit next to him.

" I'm guessing you had to deal with Rafe today?" He asked. " Not only that I slept passed my alarm, and spelt coffee all over myself." I tell him.

He chuckled and stood up. " Well Than why don't we go on a boat trip before the pouges get here?" He asked me. " That could be fun" I tell him as I stood up.

°°°°°°°°°°°°Time Skip°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

John B and I were just chilling in the boat. We found a good place to put the anchor. We both were sitting on the edge of the boat looking at the view. Since it was in the afternoon the sky was really pretty since the sun was setting.

John B is one of the best people I know. He's one of the only people who's willing to find a way to make me feel better.

And I don't know if it's my feelings for him or what but all I know is that I'm lucky to have him.

" Thank you for this. I really needed this John B." I look at him as I smile. " You're one of my best friends. I'd do anything for you." He tells me.

For some reason it felt like there was more meaning behind what he said then what he was really saying. " What's going through your head?" I ask him since it looked like there was a lot of thoughts running through his head.

" I like this girl but her brother is one of my best friends and I don't think that he would be happy if I were to ask out his sister." He tells me. I smile a little knowing that he could possibly be talking about me. " Well, it shouldn't matter what he thinks because as long as the both of you are happy. Maybe her brother will be happy that his two favorite people are making each other happy." I tell him.

He nods in agreement. " What if I were to take her out. I know i don't have alot of money but it's enough to buy her flowers." He mentions. I smile at him." You should do that. She would like that. " I tell him.

He stood up and got on one knee while taking my hand. " What are you doing?" I giggled at the boy. " Shh. Y/n Maybank will you go on a date with me?" He asked me. I nodded and hugged him. " You're so weird." I tell him.

He hugged me back. " In a good way?" He asked jokingly. " I wouldn't want it any other way." I tell him.

We enjoyed the moment for a while just taking in what had just happened and I couldn't get rid of my smile.

After a couple minutes we heard another boat stop right next to us. " We've been looking for you guys, we had to steal JJ's dad's boat to find you two." Pope told us as he got in the boat. " I had a bad day so John B and I went on a boat ride." I tell them.

" I'm guessing you saw Rafe today?" Kiara asked as Pope helped her onto the boat. I nodded as I gave the girl a hug. " I can't wait til we find the gold and we can go full kook." I tell my friends.

They all agreed and I spent the rest of the day with my best friends. I wouldn't wanna go through this journey with anyone else.

Word count: 1036