Chapter 11 Louis Vuitton Part 1

The first day of the concert was not a great success, as you couldn't go with Lily after you saw that Jim was engaged again so fast after breaking up with you. The worse part was that his fiancé was wearing the ring that you gave back to him when you broke up. You felt so miserable after you saw the pictures on instagram. "Love of his life" yeah he used to call you that. Just thinking of that made you feel nauseous again. 

It was hard to get out of bed the next day and surprisingly Lily let you sleep the whole day. She even brought you chicken noodle soup to cheer you up and put some of your favourite shows on tv. She did not speak of the concert or herself that entire day. Even though you knew it was the second day of the concert and she really wanted to talk about it. You saw that Lily was trying hard to make you feel better and put herself on the side line for a moment. You appreciated that, because that was not easy for someone like Lily.

However, that didn't take long. The next morning she woke up early and dragged you out of bed. "HEY" Lily shouted "Look, you had your moment and I get it ok! But also he is not worth it and you need to snap out of it. Today if you want I go jogging with you."

"Please pick up where you left, you were doing so well" Lily looked at you. "If jogging is what you need early in the morning, I will be running with you." You kind of had to laugh. Never in a million years you would have thought that Lily would agree to go jogging early morning with you to make you feel better.

"Lily, you are such a good friend. Thank you for letting me have my moment and for not dragging me to the concert the other day." You said to her.

"Oh girl, don't think for a second I will let you get away with this. You have to make this up to me somehow." Lily said. 

"Andddd yessss, Lily was back" you thought.  

"Look" said Lily. "I know this is not easy, but I think you and I should show Mr. You Know Who...that you are having a great time here in Vegas and that you are not thinking of him at all."

"Perhaps Lily was right" you thought. "Ok, what do you suggest? You wanna go jogging?"

"Uh nooooo, I pass" Lily looked disgusted. "Ugh, just the thought of it. No, I was just saying that to get your attention. But, I do know what you need! She said with a big smile. "This week we will do all kind of fun stuff. First today, we stop and shop at Louis Vuitton. Then we can plan where we go next."

"Oh, shopping? Lily, you sure this is what I need? I think it is more what you need. I don't have any money. I can't afford Louis Vuitton. Let's do something else. Perhaps we can go and see Magic Mountain? We can take pictures there!"

"Silly, who needs money when you got daddy's credit card" Lily said jumping up and down and did not engage the thought of going to Magic Mountain. "We are going to Louis Vuitton after we have lunch. My plan is to do all this fun stuff with you and to post all these things on Instagram, so that Mr. You Know Who will see that you are not thinking of him at all and living your best life. OK!". 

"However, I'm actually not. I am still thinking of him, I am sad, I have no job, I am broke, and I have no.."

"Stop, stop, stop, stop" Lily said and put her finger in front of your mouth. "Ok, that's enough..You got a lot...you got me! And....you and I still have a few days here in Vegas ...and we have one more concert at the end of the week. See, life is good..." Lily said laughing while shaking your body with her hands. Common you have to say it out loud with me, say it: "Life is good!"

Slowly you followed Lily with a soft voice "Life is good". 

"Nah, I don't believe it" Lily said while opening the balcony door. "Now shout it out loud" and she pointed outside the balcony. "Shout it like you mean it!"