Chapter 13 The Metropolitan Gallery Part 1

You tried to get out of bed every morning to go for a run, but somehow you did not have the  drive for it. Jim posted many pictures of him and his new fiancé. They seemed to go to all the places you used to go to with him. "Why is he still under my skin?" you thought. 

Perhaps it was a good idea to explore Vegas a bit on your own. Lily was out shopping almost every day and you just couldn't afford it. Lily always told you not to worry about it, but she already paid for so many things. You didn't want to ask for more.

You looked at your laptop -museums in Las Vegas- you typed. The Metropolitan Gallery  seemed like a great art museum to go to. You decided to walk over there. It was a good 30 minutes walk, but you didn't mind. It would replace at least a little bit of all the missed early morning jog sessions. 

While walking to the museum you took notice of your surroundings for the first time. "Maybe Lily was right, maybe it was good to show Jim you were having a good time in Vegas without him". You quickly snapped a few pictures with a big smile and posted them on Instagram -Viva Las Vegas- you typed for the caption. 

As you finally came to the Museum, you went to buy a ticket at the ticket box office. "Hi, can I get one ticket please?".  

"For today?" the man asked behind the counter.

"Yes, for now please".

"I'm sorry lady" he said "But we are closed right now, it is closed for a special guest."

"Aww, a special guest? Will it be open soon again for public?" you asked him.

"I really don't know" he said "All depends on the special guest, I guess."

For a moment you were thinking "Perhaps you should wait for a little bit, or come back tomorrow. You would still have time to go in the morning before the last concert".

"You can wait around' the man said "But I really don't know how long this special guest is gonna take."

"Ah you know what, I'll pass....I'll come back tomorrow".

"Ok, suit yourself young lady" the man said "I will see you tomorrow"

You smiled at him and started walking.While walking you looked behind you as some people were screaming. All of a sudden there were a lot of people in front of the museum. But you couldn't really see what was going on. 

You thought about your mom who always said; "When people are screaming ,and you see a lot of people gathering, make sure you walk off. Don't keep standing there, cause you don't know what is going on."

 "Well, I guess I just take her advice and head back to the hotel" you thought 

"Shoooot" you thought  "I just walked 30 minutes for nothing...." Suddenly you wished you had someone to share this walk back with. You quickly called Lily "Hey Lily, you want to do something together tonight?"