Chapter 37 - 2 weeks since....Part 1

It was 2 weeks since you arrived in South Korea. You were picked up by a driver who took you to your apartment, which was so much nicer than the one you had in LA.

You found out that you were working at the Hybe office, but somehow your position as  PR director seemed just to be one on paper. Anna was the head of the PR department and somehow it seemed like she made it her mission to make you her assistant. Not as a PR director assistant, but as a personal assistant..assistant. From day one she didn't involve you in any meetings and had you run errands, like buying coffee and other things. You got the feeling that she didn't like it that you were there.

Tonight was your first ever online meeting with Scooter and somehow you were doubting if you should say something. You turned on your computer and waited for him to come online.

You waited for about 10 minutes than finally you got connected. "Hey" Scooter said "Sorry, I'm late, you know how it is, meetings all day". 

"Actually" you said "No, I don't know how it is nowadays.But yeah..I used to know what it was like! you said annoyed. Scooter looked at you with a puzzled look.

"Ugh, I mean ...Anna has not invited me into any meetings. I've only been assigned to run errands, like figuring out where the nearest cafe is for her coffee or her guest's coffee. Did you know they all like black coffee? Like no cream or sugar, nothing...just black".

"hmmm, odd...????" said Scooter and looked again at you like he didn't really knew what you were talking about. "Look, perhaps give it another week or so...maybe it is part of their culture? You know to show who is boss".

"Look" you said, I don't mind working for a boss. But I know you are not paying me this much salary to have me run errands in South Korea!. Honestly, I don't know who to talk to, but you need to figure this one out for me, cause if it continues like this...I'm telling you ..your money and my talent will go to waste. Look Scooter, I don't like confrontation, but I have decided not to let people play me anymore. So please discuss with me..how to best to handle this, without stepping anyone on their toes" you pleaded.

Scooter started cursing..."ok, ok, I see your point. Let me talk to some people. Shitttt, I thought they would have embraced you by now. Either than that, what you got for me?"

"Unfortunately nothing, but when you get here, I can take you to some really cool places where they serve good coffee...like black coffee". You tried to laugh it off a bit.

"Mmmm, glad you still got your sense of humour.Look, I will see what I can do...in the meantime just do what they ask you to do...you know to keep the peace"

"Ok..."you shrug your shoulders "I guess... but again please offer me a solution in how to handle this quick." At that moment your phone rang, it was Anna. 

"You take that, and I'm gonna take off.. you know...a next meeting" and with that said, Scooter was off your screen.

"Hi, yes Anna, what can I do for you? You want me to run for coffee?" You said sarcastically.

"Oh...Cut the bull crap" Anna said. "I need you in the office right NOW, we need to plan a launch party".