Chapter 43 -Got to do better - part 1

As you arrived home, you kicked off your shoes and lay on the couch for a minute. "What a weird night" you thought. "I hope that girl is alright. That was a really pretty girl". It was a good thing that the owner knew the guy that picked her up, that kinda gave you a piece of mind. Otherwise, you probably would have tried to call the police or something and you would tell them that this girl who was a stranger to you, got picked up at a bar by another stranger. As you were thinking of it, it didn't sound police worthy, and how were you going to explain this in Korean? Still you couldn't help but wondering if the girl was ok. "Ughhh" you grabbed your head, it was pounding. "Shit" you thought "I should not have drank that much wine".

You touched the fabric of your dress. The dress really complimented your body. It looked nice, the fabric felt nice and soft. One thing about Anna you couldn't deny, she has great taste and she knew what fits you well. She also always knew what everyone needed around her. The only problem was, that she asked YOU to get it all the time, and she would take all the credit for it.

You were getting hungry and opened the fridge, the light was shining in your eyes. "Oeehhhh" you thought...."shoot that was bright"

" Yep, I'm definitely a bit drunk" you said to your self. 

You got yourself some yoghurt and while eating you thought about Namjoon. Why would I think that he was there at that party? It must have been someone else that looks like him. Probably a lot of Kpop celebrities look like him. You just haven't done your research on what was out there and who was playing in the big Kpop league. "You have to do better" you said to yourself whilst eating the yoghurt.

Somehow Namjoon showed up a lot in your thoughts lately. You grabbed your phone and kinda scrolled through the few conversations you had with him in the past. You never had the heart to delete the messages.

At one point you told him, if this is all we can do, it's just better for you to stay where you are. As you were reading all the texts, you could see that the conversation got intense for a couple of days, until you decided not to answer anymore. It was so weird, you hardly knew the guy. Yet, there was some sort of connection between the two of you. He tried to still text you, but you just ignored him. Besides what was the point, he is a big celebrity and he doesn't even live in the States. You will never gonna be on the same timeline. 

Thinking back of your relationship with Jim, you couldn't start another one in which information was withheld from the beginning. "MMMMM security guard, my ass " you said to yourself and felt a bit of rage coming up inside of you. No, no...the next guy has got to do better" you mumbled to yourself ...feeling a bit woozy.

"Yeah" you thought again, such a strange night....Everything.... Anna.... thinking that you saw Namjoon... that girl at the bar...and running into your boss who you had never met before.. You looked at your yoghurt. "Mmmmm" you thought "finished already, you didn't even noticed".

You walked towards your room, undressed yourself, and took a hot shower and slipped into your pyjamas. Yeah strange night....but who's launching party was it? You still didn't know. You still haven't figured out whose party it was. You were too caught up with Anna dismissing you from the party like that. Your first launch party and you couldn't even be there.

"How stupid of me! I really need to start stepping it up and do better if I want Anna's respect, and if I want to act as the PR director. You thought and sighed deeply. 

You crawled into bed under the sheets. Before closing your eyes you put your alarm at 5 am in the morning. "Three hours of sleep" you thought "that will do, tomorrow I will start early and will do all the research I have to do" and you dozed off.