Chapter 29 - The conversation part 1

You sat with Lily's father at the dining table. He offered you some tea and looked at you from head to toe. There was an awkward silence. You wanted to break the silence and as you opened your mouth to say something, he raised his hand, commanding you to keep quiet.

"So" he said "Lily told me, you need a job, or else you can't pay for your rent anymore?"

"Yes sir, I...."

He raised his hand again and cut you off "How long were you with Sony music?"

"uh 10 years, sir"

"Can you cut it with the Sir..and please call me Marcel" 

"sure uh for 10 years....Marcel...Sir"

He looked a bit annoyed. So what was your position at Sony music?

"I was the PR director, Sir...Uh Marcel...."

"mmmmm" he said an nodded. "You know" he said through my business and company I have a lot of people that owe me favours".

"May I ask, what is it that you do Marcel?"

He started laughing..."You got it right this time...no more Sir please"

"Lily never told you? I am a lawyer, I own my own law firm and aside from that I have some other businesses..but I won't bother. you with my boring stories"

"Anyways" a friend of mine, he still owns me a favour..because I've handled a lot of his legal papers. Go meet him tomorrow at 11.00 am. Here is the address, bring your resume and a good attitude...Ok kiddo".

"May I know which company this is for, and who I'm going to meet?".

"you don't need to know, this company is not out in the open yet. Also just tell his secretary that Marcel send you...she will know who you will have to meet. Look don't worry, the job is basically yours, I have lots of shares in this company and your new boss knows this...he will not let me down".  "You see ever since my beautiful Lily became interested in music, I had to buy shares."

"But that means I wouldn't really earn the job" you said.

"I said, don't worry about it...you have the experience and the background, hell ya you earned ... just tell yourself that".

"oh...ok..you said a bit hesitant.. I guess I.." 

"Yeah" Marcel cut you off again "I guess you should go home and have some rest. Tomorrow, this job is going to change your life.