Chapter 45 Early morning Chapter 1

It was early morning and a bit of light that passed through the slight opening of your curtains shone in your eyes. It was just enough to wake you up.

"Ugh" you tried to sit up in your bed. You started stretching and yawning, you really did not want to wake up yet. So you leaned backwards and bumped your head back on your pillow. "Ouch" you touched your head "Oh my god" you thought, the headache was even worse than the night before.

"No, I can't go to work this way" you said softly to yourself. You felt so miserable. The wine really hit you hard this time. However, you had to admit, you drank more than you ever did before. Usually you would have like a glass, and usually that glass would end up on a table somewhere still somewhat full. 

"How many glasses did I drink"? You asked yourself. But you couldn't really remember. Guess Anna will have to do without me today. Perhaps it was just best if you called her early morning, to tell her that you weren't feeling well.

You tried to find your phone on the nightstand next to the bed without looking and you finally found it after searching through the whole surface. Apparently it was right on the edge and it almost fell on the floor. You caught it just in time as it was about to fall of the nightstand when you were looking for it with your hands.

As you looked at your phone, Namjoon's contact showed up on the screen. Suddenly this image of the guy who looked at you when you were in the elevator last night popped in your mind. Was it really him? That guy you saw last night at the party? Perhaps you should just call Namjoon and ask him....

"Ask him what?" you thought by yourself. "Ugh, don't be so ridiculous, what are you gonna do? Call him out of the blue and go; Heyyyy, where you at this party of........yeah right ....you didn't even know the artist's name who threw the party. You continued to think about the conversation you would have with him....Oh and by the way... I have been in Korea for a couple of months, sorry that I never bothered to call you". Don't be ridiculous" you repeated again and shook your head.

All of a sudden you could see his eyes and his smile. Gosh he had such beautiful smile and eyes...and ...OH shit.... I have to call Anna! You remembered and  panicked!

As you were about to look for her number, her name popped on your screen. Anna was calling you.

Now you panicked even more, Oh shit..and you picked up the phone....uhhh hello?

"yeah hello" ?

"Hey where are you"? asked Anna.

"I was about to call you, I'm not feeling so well, I think that today I have to..."

Anna cut you off right there

"Sorry" she said "Frankly I don't really care if you are sick right now".

"We have an emergency and you need to....."

You felt that you were getting angry when she said she didn't care, and now you were the one to cut her off..

"Look, I'm really not feeling well and ..."

"Seriously'! Anna shouted over the phone "After the stunt you pulled last night? You were not ready for the party, and now our boss is calling in an emergency, and you tell me you can't do this?" 

Anna started cursing in Korean and you didn't really knew what she was saying, but it kinda woke you up when she said it came straight from the boss.

"Our boss is calling in an emergency?"

"Ohhhhh do I have your attention now?" Anna said annoyed.

"Look, this is really an emergency...Anna's voice softened...the boss has specifically asked for you ..you have to go to this address and pick up something in the lobby. When you are at the lobby just say you are there to pick up a package, the concierge will hand you the package with an envelope for your next instructions.

"Hey" she continued..."Can I count on you this time"?

"Look I know it's still early morning, but It's not hard. She continued...just go to the address, go to the lobby, tell the concierge that you are there to pick up a package, do what's in the envelope that the concierge will give to you....Did you get all that"?

You paused for a moment and thought, you promised yourself to do better, so maybe this emergency call was the moment to show that you could do this.

"Yeah, yeah... you said "look don't worry, you can count on me".Just text me the address and I will be on my way".