Chapter 31 Ever since... Part 1

Ever since you were a little girl, you wanted to do something in the entertainment industry. However, it was very clear as you were getting older that you were not able to sing or act, or paint for that matter.

Lily was the one who encouraged you to look at other sides of the business and that's how you got into the public relations side of it. You first started as an intern at Sony music, learning all the ropes from your mentor Gaby. Gaby was a wonderful mentor, she always stood up for you and was very patient with you. The music and entertainment business was tough. Sometimes you were still wondering how you made it that far as PR director. A lot of it was Gaby who pushed you in that direction.

Unfortunately when covid hit, you were getting too expensive and they had to let you go. At that time Jim was already by your side. However, Jim slowly started to change when you lost your job and somehow you didn't seem that interesting to him anymore.

Yeah you made it quite far and Jim would always stroll along to all the parties and dinners. How he loved to be the center of attention and meeting all these famous people in the industry. Now that you were thinking about it, there were so many red flags about Jim. 

"Geeezzz how was it that he looked so much like that member from BTS...Jimin was it...pfff they even had similar names. I wonder if Jimin is a jerk just like Jim.." you thought.."Wouldn't surprise me if they had the same birthday too. All of a sudden Namjoon appeared in your thoughts, he was smiling and folding his arms, just enough so you could see the muscles form in his upper arm.

You lay on your bed and closed your eyes. "Ok stop thinking about him...his messages had stopped anyways". Tomorrow, big day! It was kinda weird that you didn't know who you were going to work for. But you trusted Lily....Lily had always been the one to save you and to look out for you. As much as Lily is very self centred, she always took good care of you.

Ever since you guys were in kindergarten, you were best friends. You remembered the day you first entered the school. There was this boy who kept pulling your hair and he started calling you names like long hairy dog. It was a real torture and it was Lily who stood up to him. That's how you two became close. Lily soon after started inviting you to her house and you attended all her birthday parties. Her house was huge and you had never set foot in a house that had a big garden with a pool like that. 

The first time you saw her house you were like 6 years old. "One day" you said to Lily "I'm going to make it in music and I will have a garden with a pool just like you. Because all these singers are rich". Lily just laughed ..."Silly,  Im not a singer, and Im rich" she said and pulled your arm, "There are many other ways you know" said Lily while running to the bouncy castle, which was especially there for her birthday.

As you grew up together, it became very clear. Lily was rich, she could afford everything and you could not. However, it never bothered you.... Although the music industry, and a house with a pool was still your dream.  

You went through elementary, middle school and high school together and remained best friends over all these years. When it was time for college you attended a community college and Lily was send to the study abroad in the UK.

You went through a hard time without your friend, even when you had your internship it was pretty lonely but you soon started to climb the ladder within the company and that's where you met Jim. Jim...Mr. YOu know who...perhaps just best not to think of him.

You quickly switched your thoughts. "I wonder what this new company will be like" you started  yawning and felt very sleepy "Gosh I guess I will find out tomorrow" and you fell in a deep sleep.