✩ off my face

: mini chapter
— lhs —

della with heeseung's 'off my face' cover

i had to add an extra scene 😁

Heeseung's cover of "Off My Face' broke Engeneland

Heeseung's cover of "Off My Face' broke Engeneland. The combination of his vocals, visuals, heartfelt-ness, choice of song, pronunciation- everything was perfect.

Heela stans also went crazy. There were imagines on top of imagines of Heeseung dedicating it to Della or Heeseung singing it to Della before recording.

And boy, were they right.

"You know- you should post a cover of this," Della placed little kisses on the side of Heeseung's neck as he was doing homework.

"This song? Not Anti-Romantic?" he held her head while the other hand continued writing. "'Off My Face' is like the opposite of 'Anti-Romantic."

"Revealing to the whole world that you're whipped through a song isn't a bad thing, oppa," she pulled away to massage his shoulders. "But of course, it's up to you."

He stayed quiet for a few seconds, considering her suggestion.

"Can you help me with the pronunciation?" Della giggled while laying on his bed.

"You act like you don't have amazing English already."

❅◦❆◦❅◦❆◦❅◦❆◦❅◦❆

"The video is up!" Della sat up on her bed. She quickly grabbed her laptop and laid down beside Heeseung again. "Yayy!"

Heeseung stared at her in anticipation. He really can't wait to see her reaction.

"I hope you love it, baby," he also hoped that his excitement was not too visible.

"No way," Della paused the video. "Oppa-the earring- did the stylists give that or-"

"They let me wear it," he smirked in pride. She noticed. "I had to bring a little bit of you with me."

Heeseung is not a religious person, but his girlfriend is. He knows that the earring is a (very) subtle way of
telling everyone that the song is for Della and that he is Della's.

"Heeseung," she sighed lovingly before eagerly connecting their lips. He set the laptop aside and pulled her on top of him, not forgetting to press play. She still needs to hear the song.

"I'm forever ruined by you, Kang Della," he mumbled against her lips with both hands on the sides of her
face. "And I fucking love it."

❅◦❆◦❅◦❆◦❅◦❆◦❅◦❆

"Why'd you pause it?" Heeseung furrowed his eyebrows. Della did say she wanted to sleep to the cover.

"Why would I listen to the public's version when I can have the singer sing a special version right here?" she smiled before going back to lay on his chest. "This is the perk of having a singer boyfriend."

Heeseung chuckled and kissed the top of her head, immediately humming to the bridge in a low voice.

As he stared at her sleeping face, he felt this overwhelming warmth in his chest. He was insanely glad that his girlfriend enjoyed the cover he dedicated to her.

Without even realising, he started to sing in the softest voice he could, almost as if it was a whisper.

"Your touch blurred my vision. It's your world and I'm just in it. Even sober I'm not thinking straight," he pushed back her bangs. "I'm just so fucking in love with you, Della. You have no idea."

requested!
• heela with 'off my face' •