❆ baby bets

: episodes
bold dialogue = japanese

the enfamily's gender reveal party, where the parents place bets on the (first) baby's gender

finally a full (but still short) episode

years into the future

"A boy. I say it's a boy," "No! You're being ridiculous!" Jay's mom slapped her husband's arm.

"But a dragon is most definitely a boy!" he exclaimed.

"No no- we had a dragon dream but Della popped out," Della's dad gestured towards Della.

"But there's also no evidence that it's going to be a girl," Jungwon's mom spoke up.

"Sweet cravings," "Craving sweet food," Sunghoon and Sunoo's mom said together.

"No but- look at Della's complexion!" Heeseung's mom leaned forward from her seat. "Here- I don't have a daughter myself but I heard that moms get breakouts when it's a girl."

"Ahh- that's right, that's right," all the parents who have daughters agreed.

"That's right!" Niki's mom suddenly exclaimed. Niki was working hard to translate everything for his parents so their reaction was a bit slow. "Tell them I think it's a boy," she told Niki.

"Eh?! A girl! If Della had the same conception dream as her parents!" Niki's dad shook his head.

"Mom thinks it's a boy but dad thinks it's a girl," Niki translated.

"Wait- should we collect the money now or at the end when we find out?" Heeseung's dad asked.

"Later, later," a few of them answered.

"Can someone write down the teams-" Jake's dad looked around. "Jaeyun, do you have a pen and paper?"

"I'll write it down. I'll be right back," Jungwon volunteered, heading indoors to retrieve a dry-erase board.

For a few minutes, the parents started discussing with their spouses and the ones closest to where they sat.

"They're so serious about this," Sunghoon whispered to Della and Jake.

"Right? I was surprised when they suggested it in the first place," Jake laughed silently.

"You guys act like you don't bet on our baby too," Della stroked her bump.

"Yeah but not like this-"

"Okay, so who votes on boy?!" Sunghoon's dad probably has one of the biggest voices so he took the liberty to ask. "Then who votes for girl?!"

"Any last minute changes?" Della asked, looking at the whiteboard with an 'interesting choice' face.

"WAIT! Wait wait.." Sunoo's mom spoke up. "Are you sure?" she whispered to her husband.

"I don't know! I've never been pregnant before," he chuckled but accidentally also made the whole crowd laugh.

"Can I vote differently from my husband?" Jungwon's mom raised her hand.

"You can but then you pay double," Jay's dad joked.

"Noo!" everyone protested.

"If we vote differently, we split the money to two," Jake's mom explained, earning a 'yess' from the others.

"Okay then I vote differently!" five of them raised their hands.

"Final answer?" Heeseung grinned.

"Aihh- why are we betting so hard on the gender of a baby?" Jungwon's dad uncrossed his legs. "10,000 won per couple is a lot."

"I know right? Why are we doing this?" Sunghoon's dad, who was next to him, chuckled.

"Okay! The answers are in!" Sunoo clapped a bit. "Now for the reveal.." he gestured to a cake-carrying Jay.

"Vanilla is girl, chocolate is boy. Vanilla is girl, chocolate is boy," Jay explained while putting down the cake. It was decorated with simple white frosting, strawberries and a 'congratulations' piped on top.

"Ahh.. then it's a boy," Della's mom chuckled. "Della is obsessed with chocolate."

"No but why would a chocolate cake have vanilla frosting? That doesn't make sense," Jake's mom pointed.

Enha all gathered to the front, getting ready to cut the cake while their parents had their phones out to record.

"I'll cut it now," the Enha boys all did a drum roll as Della cut a slice.

"It's a..." the parents were at the edge of their seats. "BOYY!" the ones who got it correctly stood up in excitement, hugging either their spouse or friend.

"Aghh," Heeseung's dad threw his head back. "I mean- congratulations! Sorry- I kinda forgot that this is an actual pregnancy," he immediately switched up when his wife swatted his arm.

"Congratulations!" they all went to give their sons and daughter hugs. "Pay up! Pay up!" then they proceeded to tease the 'losers.'

Niki's dad said something out loud, making those who understood laugh before his son repeated it in Korean.

"We still have another bet on whose kid this will be."

requested:
• a get together with all of enha's family •