Part.11 Company

I wrote her a note and left it on the coffee table.

Right before I left I swept some hair from their face.

'What a beautiful creature.'

Y/n POV
I woke up dazed and confused. Was it all a dream?

The scratches on my arms and the soreness of my legs said otherwise.

I got up and checked the time. 11:48. Damn I slept late.

I got up and fed Oliver. Who was asleep until he heard the food hit the bowl. What a dumbass.

I then went and got myself something to eat. Just a bowl of cereal. Nothing special.

I took the bowl to my living room and turned on Netflix. A show I've been watching for a while was my go to.  

As I ate I remembered that I was still in muddy clothes. "Gross" I said with a mouth full of food.

As soon as I was finished eating I threw the bowl in the sink and we to to my room to grab some clothes.

It was starting to warm up outside so I grabbed shorts and tshirt.

I grab a towel and hopped into the shower. The warm water flowed over my aching body, burning the cuts that lined my arms and legs.

'Damn dog, that wouldn't have happened if he wasn't such a dick'

I laughed at my thoughts.

As the water burned my body, which was in desperate need of a break, my mind traveled back to the little girl.

'Was the blood from him? Did he do that to that poor girl? Maybe it was someone else, but he's a murderer.'

All the questions flooded my head. But one stuck out the most.

'Should I go back?'

I was stunned at that one thought. What had come over me?

"This is how you get yourself killed, Y/n"

But the soothing shower fished quicker then I'd like. As I stepped out I heard Oliver playing with his toys. Happily growling as he tugged on his rope-

Wait.

Who's he playing with?

I threw my clothes on, them sticking to my wet body.

As I ran out of the bathroom I saw him sitting there. On my couch. The little girl playing tug of war with Oliver.

"Uhmmmmm a warning would've been nice?"
I said it more as a question, the panic in my voice is thick.

"Sorry sugar, I'm stuck doing stuff with the kid again and the kid wanted the dog"

"Doesn't mean you just show up, I could've been busy doing something!"

He stood up to face me.

'Holy shit he's huge' I could feel myself tremble slightly.

"We'll I brought you a gift sugar"
As his words left him mouth a large bouquet of roses rested in his hand.

My eyes widen.

"Oh..."

I simply walked away, into the kitchen and grabbed the only vase I had left. Filled it slightly with water and brought it back to my living room.

I placed it on the table next to the couch.

The creature put the roses in it for me.

'I don't know how to feel, at all' I could only switch my gaze between the thing and the little girl. Saddie? Sally? I think it's the second one.

She's busy playing with Oliver, he seems to like her. He doesn't seem to see anything wrong with either of them.

That's just how dogs work. They don't care about what you are. As long as you are nice they love you.

I wish humans worked that way. But there are so many bad people in the world.

I sat on one side of the couch, squished next to the arm. The thing sat on the complete other side. He seemed so laid back.

I couldn't help but be on edge for a while. That was until a heard a whine come from Sally.

"Mrs lady, I'm hungryyyyyyy, can I have a snack? Pleaseeeeeeee?"

"Of course what would you like for a snack hon?"

"Chips, please!"

I got up and made my way to the kitchen. I searched for chips and found a bag of (favorite chips) and brought them to her.

She gladly took the bag and began to dig in. Oliver drooling over the possibility of getting even a crumb.

"Can I watch something on your tv?"

"Sure! What would you like to watch?"

"Anything's fine!"

She's so polite. She must've been taught manners early on in life. I grab the tv remote off the coffee table and open Netflix.

I make a new account and name it Sally, then turned it into a kids account.

I handed her the remote and watched as she cycled through all the shows to look for one she likes.

She stopped on Strawberry shortcake. She happily started watching it.

She was laid back against Oliver in front of the couch.

"You're quite good with kids, at least this kid"
It. No. He. Reached down and ruffled the little girls unkept hair.

It could use a brush through. Maybe some pigtails and hair clips.

"Hey Sally?"

"Yes?"

"Would you like for me to do your hair?"

"Really?!"

She turned back to face me. I swear her eyes sparkled more then usual.

"Yeah!"

She excitedly waited for me to grab my brush, hair ties and cute butterfly clips.

I made my way back to her and she sat between my legs. Continuing to watch the show she picked out.

I brush through her long brown hair. It was quite matted but she didn't seem to mind the occasional pull.

Once I was finished I parted her hair equally and began the first piney tail. Once I got it in the fight spot I grabbed a hair tie and tied it up.

Then I started on the next one. Repeating the process from before.

Then I grabbed a handful of butter fly clips and sprinkled them in her hair.

Not too close but not too far apart. Just right.

"All done!"

Without a word she jumped up and ran to the bathroom.

She quickly ran back and threw herself on me.

"I LOVE THEM MRS!"

"I'm glad you do hon"

She then returned to her spot with Oliver and continued watching the show.

After about 10 minutes I heard soft snores coming from both the little girl and the dog she was laying on, who was happy to be a pillow.

"Shit we gotta go"

Before I could react the little girl has been scooped up.

"See ya later, Sugar"

And with that they were gone.

Sugar?