02

𝑻𝑯𝑼𝑹𝑺𝑫𝑨𝒀
˚ · • . ° .

RINGGG

The bell for lunch rang and woke me up from my slumber during class. I was having another one of those nightmares, waking up in a cold sweat.

Everyone else quickly left the room and I was left alone to pack up my things.

I slide the multiple papers off of my desk and lazily stash them into my backpack, along with my pencil. I stand up, noticing the familiar stars fill my vision, but I try to ignore them.

Once I walk out of the door, I immediately run into someone.

It was Dustin. "Shit, sorry Isabelle." He apologized rubbing his side where we bumped.

I just sighed, stepping back and looking up to find Eddie right behind him, giving me a cold glare with his arms crossed.

"Dustin we should get to lunch." Eddie said, his glare not leaving me.

I just silently pushed pass them and walked to lunch, not knowing they were right on my heels following me.

During my nap in class, I started having nightmares, flashbacks almost, of me sitting at my desk, contemplating something. I felt out of control, like there was nothing I could change or do in my dream.

This was the second time I had a nightmare like that, and each time I wake up in a cold sweat with my heart beating at what feels like a hundred miles per hour.

Suddenly, Jason came around the corner that I was about to turn into the cafeteria, interrupting my thoughts.

His brows furrowed, "Isabelle what're you doing with these nerds?!" he asks, looking them up and down.

"What?!" I exclaim and turn around to see that they were walking to lunch with me, or at least that's what it looked like.

"Jason I wasn't-" I started but he cut me off.

"Leave her alone freak," he pushes past me and gets up in Eddie's face, "You hear me?" he pushes Eddie into the wall.

Eddie doesn't look the least bit bothered.

"What are you? Her boyfriend?" Eddie raises his eyebrows. He knows what he's doing. His signature smirk is plastered on his face, he isn't scared of Jason.

I can tell that this makes Jason even more angry because his hands are now fists.

"Jason!" I yell, "Let's go, our friends are probably wondering where we are." I didn't want a fight breaking out, especially one that I could've been involved in.

Sometimes I wish Jason would leave people alone. He isn't fun to be around when he gets angry.

Jason backs up off of Eddie and starts walking with me. I turn back and look at Dustin and Eddie.

Dustin looked relieved, Eddie on the other hand, I couldn't tell. Something about him was different, he wasn't giving me that cold glare but he wasn't thanking me with his eyes either.

Maybe a part of him really did want to fight Jason. I don't know, it's probably nothing.

˚ · • . ° .

"Where's your lunch?" Chrissy asks me.

"Oh, I must have forgotten it." I act surprised with myself.

"You can have some of mine if you'd like," she offers. Classic Chrissy. I don't think I could ever hurt this girls feelings.

"It's alright," I politely decline, "but thank you." I quickly add on, seeing the skeptical look on her face.

I rest my chin on the palm of my hand and stare off. I eventually zone out and drown out the noise of my friends laughing and eating lunch. My eyes wondered around the cafeteria, reading peoples faces and taking note of who they were friends with.

Suddenly, something caught my eye. It was the Hellfire table. Eddie must've caught me staring because his brows pinch together and he gives me the finger, all while making direct eye contact.

I furrow my brows and make a disgusted face but continue holding my stare, I wasn't gonna let him think he scared me off. No, I wouldn't give him that confidence.

I hold the eye contact, and surprisingly, so does he, as if he could read my mind and understand what I was trying to do. There was no way I was letting my guard down, so I continue staring, this time turning it into a glare.

It felt like his dark eyes were bearing into my soul. I felt like I could memorize his facial features, but it's not like I wanted to.

We stayed like that for two more minutes, and then the bell finally rang for third period, breaking our competition.

⋆·˚ ༘ *