11

ᴛᴡ - ᴍᴇɴᴛɪᴏɴ ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ
˚ ₊ ‧ 。 。‧₊ ˚

𝑻𝑯𝑼𝑹𝑺𝑫𝑨𝒀
˚ · • . ° .

A blinding light pierces my eyes. I squint as I open them, adjusting to the setting I'm in.

Eddie Munson sleeps at my feet.

Wait what?!

Eddie Munson sleeping at my feet?!

Everything quickly comes rushing back in my mind, Chrissy, her body on the trailer floor, us running away.

I groan, while slightly stretching. I was hoping and praying that this was all a nightmare.

I quietly step out of the boat, landing on the wood planks below me.

I look around, taking in my surroundings. Multiple fishing poles hang up against a wall, nets and boxes are stacked below them. There's a blue tarp right next to my feet, which is probably used to cover the boat. I look across the room and see a table, my bag placed on top of it.

I make my way to my bag, wondering if I still had those bottles of water. I pull open the drawstring bag, revealing three bottles of water, Tylenol, and a couple of wrinkled dollar bills. I could still feel the jacket I had placed in it earlier covering my body.

As I look down at my body, I noticed my injured knee. Dried blood ran all the way down to my ankle, where it was soaked up by my black socks, and dirt covered the wound. The cut was pretty deep, I should've cleaned it right as I got to Eddie's, it will definitely get an infection now.

As I'm inspecting my leg, a cold hand grabs my shoulder, making me jump.

I turn around, and I find Eddie, squinting his eyes, he looks like he's also just waking up.

"Jesus you scared me!" I put my hands over my heart, catching my breath.

"Good morning to you too." he yawns, rubbing his eyes.

I relax my hands, dropping them back down to my sides. I roll my eyes in annoyance, and Eddie responds by scowling back at me.

He gazes down at my knee, noticing the dried drops of blood running down my calf. His eyes widen.

"Uh, you should probably get that checked out." he comments, pointing towards my injury.

I follow his gaze down to my knee. "Really? I never would've thought so." I sarcastically comment, looking back up at him.

He meets my eyes and glares at me, "Wheeler, for once in your life, just accept my kindness." His sentence sounds familiar. I realize he's quoting me from last night, when I took the smaller section of the boat.

He notices the sudden realization on my face and smiles to himself.

"You're just so funny, aren't you?" I over-do the sarcasm in my words.

"Yeah, I know I am, you don't need to tell me twice." he smirks, he knows how mad he's making me, and he's enjoying it.

I groan in frustration, walking away from him. "God, you'll never let me win an argument will you?"

"Once you get good at playing guitar, then yeah, maybe." I can hear the smirk through this words.

My face flushes with embarrassment, recalling how he walked in on me a couple nights ago, holding a guitar in my hands that I don't know how to play.

I slowly stop in my tracks, turning back around to face him, and he's already looking at me. I give him the bird.

"Oh wait, I think I actually have something for you," he says reaching into his back pocket.