24

𝑴𝑶𝑵𝑫𝑨𝒀
˚ · • . ° .

"This is such bullshit!" I exclaim, crossing my arms as I look back and forth between Steve and Nancy.

"Listen," Nancy says, "it's the only way to keep you guys safe."

Steve nods along, agreeing with Nancy. Of course he's agreeing with her, of course.

Nancy reads the look on my face, "Look, if it makes you feel any better, Eddie was fine with the idea when we told him about it."

I scrunch my face in confusion, while turning my gaze to Eddie who was a couple yards away, talking with Dustin while leaning against a tree.

I wont lie, it did make me feel a little better that Eddie was okay with this plan, it almost made me feel like I should be too.

"So, let me get this straight," I say, looking back at Nancy, "Steve drives us home, and we just what, hideout? While you guys are saving the world and shit? You just want us to hide and do nothing?!"

"Yeah, pretty much." Steve responds, his tone much quieter and calmer than mine.

Nancy puts each of her hands on my shoulders, lowering her head as she looks me dead in the eye.

"I'm in charge of keeping you safe. I'm your older sister. I'm asking you to listen and trust me." she says, boring her eyes into mine.

I groan before reluctantly agreeing.

Steve checks his watch, "Alright, then we better get going before the sun goes down."

"Eddie!" I turn around, catching the boys attention, "Come on we're leaving."

I wave my hand at him to follow us and he quickly ends his conversation with Dustin. He begins to follow Steve and I, who are a couple yards ahead of him.

"So," Steve speaks as we walk, "you and Munson?"

I look at him with knitted brows, "What?"

"You two a thing now or what?" he lowers his tone, looking back at the clueless boy far behind us.

I laugh, "No, no we're not."

Steve gives me a questioning look.

I give in, "Okay, I don't know, Maybe? I just don't think he's ever thought of me like that, that's all."

Steve nods, as if he understands well, turning his head to look in front of him, where the car is now visible.

I eventually stop in my tracks, waiting on Eddie to catch up with me.

Eddie looks up, noticing that I've stopped.

"Hey," I say once he's right at my side and we begin walking together, "so I heard you agreed to this?"

He looks at me, "Well it's really not that bad of an idea. Plus, I don't really wanna be fighting creatures from another dimension you know?"

"Right," I chuckle, "it's just..."

Eddie tilts his head, trying to look at my face, which is directed towards my feet.

"Just what?" he asks, lowering his voice.

It's just the fact that I cannot spend another day with you because I can't believe I feel this sorta way about Eddie Munson, my former enemy.

And most of all, I absolutely cannot keep on pushing these feelings away.

"Hey you two!" Steve yells from a distance, causing both of us to snap our heads up. Steve is standing right outside of the drivers door of the car, which we are surprisingly close to now.