16

𝑺𝑨𝑻𝑼𝑹𝑫𝑨𝒀
˚ · • . ° .

Eddie eventually pours the pasta into two separate bowls, placing a silver spoon into each of them. He hands me the one with more pasta in it.

I act like I don't notice.

I carry my bowl with me over to the back door, looking through the window next to it, at the empty boathouse. The door was left open and I was sure it was going to be even colder in there tonight.

"Do you think it's safe for us to be up here?" I ask, taking a bite of my food.

"Probably not." Eddie's voice is close behind me.

I look over my shoulder at the boy smiling with red sauce coating his lips.

I giggle at my view, and he just stares at me questionably, clueless about how he looks right now.

Suddenly, a sharp pain runs throughout my forehead, interrupting my laughter. I suck in an intense breath, my hand flying to my head as if that would comfort it.

"You okay?" I hear Eddie's words circle in a constant loop throughout my head.

"Fine." I murmur, looking back up at him. He's motioning to something on my face.

I gingerly wipe my hand under my nose, pulling it back to find a trickle of blood coating it.

I set my empty bowl on a table nearby, "Come on." I motion my hand for Eddie to follow me.

He also sets down his bowl, and grabs the shirt he found earlier, making a run for it to the boathouse.

Eddie shuts the door behind us and I immediately open my bag, grabbing the Tylenol bottle and dumping a few into the palm of my hand.

I close my hand, holding the pills in place, while screwing the lid off of a water bottle. I can feel Eddie watching me as I down the pills quickly.

I place the water bottle back down gently, screwing the cap back on. I can hear Eddie shuffling behind me as he dresses himself in the oversized dark gray shirt he found earlier.

I look over at Eddie, noticing the now visible V- line showing just above his pants line, and I quickly look back up, meeting his eyes right as his head pops out of the shirt.

Suddenly, rustling noises are heard from outside of the room, disturbing our eye contact.

Eddie swiftly grabs the broken beer bottle that we had used a couple days ago, preparing himself for whatever might come through the door.

He basically guards in front of me as the door shoots open, revealing the same group we were met with before, but this time they're only carrying one grocery bag.

˚ · • . ° .

"So, we believe Max is next." Dustin finishes catching us up on all of the information they've recently learned about this Vecna creature. They told us about how they snuck into the school, how Max saw the grandfather clock, and how Nancy and Robin are at some asylum right now.

"Hold on," I hold up a finger, "Nancy, my perfect sister, is involved in all of this?"

"Uh, yeah." Dustin responds, looking over at Steve who nods along. "Mike would be involved also but he's in-"