34

𝑻𝑼𝑬𝑺𝑫𝑨𝒀 𝑵𝑰𝑮𝑯𝑻
˚ · • . ° .

Dustin and I continue stabbing at the creature with our spears, and I notice Eddie run away, back into the living room.

"Eddie!" I call, "We kinda need your help here!"

My arms are getting sore and my aim is getting worse and worse as I attempt to stab the bats.

"Move out of the way!" I hear Eddie scream from down the hall, and I hesitate a little before stepping back.

I pull Dustin by the arm, moving him out of the way when he didn't listen to the frantic brunette.

Eddie rushes into the room, slamming the top of a garbage can onto the hole in the roof, completely blocking the bats from getting in.

The room fills with silence, besides the sound of everybody catching their breath.

The adrenaline in my nerves begins to decrease until I remember something, "Are there any other vents?"

I make eye contact with Eddie, who's eyes go wide, which tells me the answer to my question.

Suddenly, we hear scratching and clawing from the other bedroom nearby.

I immediately grip my spear tighter, and begin to make my way in the other bedroom.

We all hastily enter, and a swarm of bats fill the room, breaking in through the vent.

"Shit, shit, shit!" Dustin screams behind me.

I back up, frozen in shock, unable to move, and Eddie pushes past me to close the bedroom door.

I feel my squeezing grip on my spear loosen, dropping it to the ground. My mind goes blank. It feels like my brain is loading, the circle spinning over and over.

I hear distinct voices, yelling at me, telling me to move. I drown them out, staring off into the door that is slowly smashing into pieces in front of me.

An extremely loud voice yells into my ear, waking me up out of my trance, "Why did you do that?!"

I snap my head towards the person. It's Eddie. His eyes have anger in them, and his hands are shaking me vigorously.

I notice a change of demeanor in the room, as if whenever I was zoned out, something within the setting had changed.

When I don't respond, he squeezes my shoulders tighter, "What's wrong with you?!"

"What?" I whisper, looking back and forth between his eyes. I'm beyond confused at the moment.

I feel his nails dig into my shoulder out of rage, making me whimper.

"Eddie," I whisper, "you're hurting me."

His face fills with more wrath, and I feel him push me down onto the floor. My back slams against the wall, and my brows furrow in anger against the boy.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!" I ask him, not understanding why he's acting like this.

I scan the rest of the room, and realize that Dustin is frozen in place, staring at nothing in front of him. It's like he hasn't even acknowledged what's going on.

"What's wrong with me?!" Eddie shouts, causing me to turn my head back to him, "What's wrong with you?! You almost got us killed!"

His voice is so loud that I flinch at every word that he exaggerates.

"You just stood there!" He explains, "Watching the bats fill the room and almost attack us!"

When he says this, I turn my gaze back to the door at the end of the hall, the broken pieces of wood still attached to it.

Except, I don't seem to hear anymore banging of the bats trying to get in. Or it's just the fact that Eddie's voice is so loud, and it's drowning them out.

He continues attacking me with words, his voice getting louder and louder with each sentence. I'm beginning to wonder how his throat isn't sore yet.

Tears begin to swell in my eyes whenever he mentions things that are personal to me. Things only he knows.

I pull my knees up to my chest, wrapping my arms around my calves. I bury my head deep into my thighs, straining my neck.

I silently cry as Eddie's voice continues to boom through my eardrums.

I don't know why he's acting like this, or how he's getting this angry over a little hesitation.

Suddenly, I notice the voice change. It starts to echo through my head, sending chills over my body.

I gingerly lift my head whenever I notice the voice disappear, only it's echos left in the room.

Dustin is gone. Eddie is gone.

The faint echos of Eddie's outrage are barley heard, and eventually disappear.

I notice the wall in front of me wiggling. The matter of it seems to be out of place, trying to get away.

Suddenly, pieces and chips of it fly off, some hitting me in the face.

My hand reaches up to comfort my skin, and I decide it would be best to protectively cover my eyes.

I feel more and more pieces it my body, and through the cracks of my fingers, I notice the wall disappear completely, nothing left but emptiness.

Everything is still for a moment, nothing makes a sound. The hot, dried tears on my face are wiped with my thumb, and a sniff is let out from my nose.

I carefully slide my hands down my face, revealing my new location.

My bedroom.

I realize I'm in third person whenever a clone of me walks into the room, sobbing. Her sobs become muffled as she puts a hand over her mouth, trying not to make so much noise. She sits on the bed, staring at something on the vanity sitting before her.

I immediately recognize this memory, and get shivers just thinking about it.

I turn around, hoping for a secret escape to appear. I need something, anything, to get me out of here.

As I spin, I notice something that I never wanted to see again.

Vecna.

·˚ *

AN- so extremely sorry for the late post. ive been having to write on here and on tiktok ever since i started a story on there. im definitely trying to update everyday, and i apologize for not being consistent.

if you want to read the story on tiktok to keep you busy, my tiktok is iheartfranki (the same as my username on here)

thank you so much for the love on here!! I appreciate you all so much, love you<3