21

𝑴𝑶𝑵𝑫𝑨𝒀
˚ · • . ° .

A familiar stench fills my nose, being so foul that my face scrunches in disgust.

I sit up and finally open my eyes to find that I'm in a place I never would've imagined waking up to.

In the sky, floating rocks circle around me, and chittering noises are heard from all around me. The air is so cold and particles float around my face.

The red lightning strikes, causing me to flinch as I stand up.

No no no!

I run my fingers through my hair while letting out shaky breaths.

"This isn't real. This isn't real. This isn't real." I repeat over and over to myself under my breath, trying to calm down myself.

"Oh but it is." a deep voice roars, causing me to spin around in circles, in search for the source.

"Get out of my head!" I scream.

"Isabelle Wheeler," the rough voice says, "You have no idea how long I've been waiting for this moment."

I scream, running away from the voice as far as my legs will carry me. Except, it seems that the voice is everywhere, no matter how far I run, it still rings throughout my head.

I trip while running over a puddle of blood- or at least that's what it looks like- which sends me to my knees. I cover my face with my hands as best as possible, trying my hardest to get out of this nightmare.

I feel a hand graze on my back, making me jump up.

I look around, noticing that everything is back to normal. The nightmare is over.

I look up at the sky, making sure that no red lightning is striking. Sure enough, there's just tall forest trees, the sunlight barley breaking through the branches.

I look ahead of me, to find Eddie, a blank look on his face.

I run at him, pulling him into my arms. I've never been so thankful to see a person.

"It was a nightmare. I thought he had me, I thought I was-" I stop speaking whenever I notice Eddie's demeanor.

He isn't hugging me back, in fact, he isn't even speaking at all.

I slowly pull back, looking him in the face, "Eddie?"

His face continues looking blank, his eyes staring off into the forest ahead of him. His eyes look empty, like there's nothing going on inside of his head at all.

Then, his eyes suddenly jolt, looking straight into mine. I flinch at the reaction, wondering why Eddie's acting so off.

"I've been waiting for this for so long." his voice comes out rocky, and I'm wondering if I'm even talking to Eddie anymore.

A cool breeze passes by us, and as it does, everything seems to fade away. Chips and pieces float off as if this was all a set-up, and now it's time for the real deal.

I scream at the realization, turning on my heel and running straight behind me. Everything is dark red again and I'm met with vines surrounding me.

As I scurry, I notice a floating door next to me, a roses painted in the window of it. As I turn my head the other way, I'm met with the body of Chrissy, which makes me stop in my tracks.

She looks even more dissembled than she did the night I saw her die. Her body looks rotten and some wouldn't even call it a human body anymore.

I gasp in horror, covering my mouth at the sight of my best friend. I can feel tears prick at my eyes, although, none fall.

𝙒𝙃𝘼𝙏 𝘼 𝙁𝙍𝙀𝘼𝙆जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें