14

𝑭𝑹𝑰𝑫𝑨𝒀
˚ · • . ° .

The cold countertop below my thighs was sending shivers up my spine. I look out the kitchen window once more, making sure nobody saw us sneak up and into the house.

I turn back around, and watch Eddie fumble with the packaging of the bandages and rubbing alcohol. "Stupid piece of shit!" he mumbles under his breath.

I snatch the gauze out of his hands and set it down next to me. He stares at me with a What'd you do that for? kind of look.

"Maybe, we should wash and clean the wound before bandaging it." I recommend with a sarcastic tone.

He glares at me before agreeing.

I stretch my leg out and place my foot in the sink, my knee right below the faucet.

Eddie makes his way over to the sink, turning the knob all the way to the left. Water immediately flushes out and makes contact with my knee. A sting quickly runs throughout my body and I wince, pulling away.

Eddie's eyes widen, "Woah," he puts one hand out, "Sorry, was that too hot?"

"Just a bit." I respond, gripping my knee with my hands, and tilting my head back in pain.

Eddie fiddles with the handle, trying to set it to just the right temperature. He places his hand in the water, feeling the temperature change.

"Okay, it's not as hot now." Eddie confirms.

I take a deep breath before placing my knee back under the faucet. The water feels better, but it still slightly hurts. I look at Eddie, nodding my head in confirmation that the water is fine.

I reach down towards my calf and start scrubbing off the old dried blood. It comes off in chips and pieces.

I notice Eddie walk away from the sink, and over to the counter behind me.

I wrap my leg up in a towel, drying it off. The wound is now fresh, with a slim scab beginning to cover it.

I slide myself over towards Eddie, where I find him messing with the supplies again, tearing open the gauze.

"Here." he says, handing me the roll of cotton. I place it down in my lap, and he comes closer to me, holding the bottle of rubbing alcohol in one hand, and a single cotton swab in the other.

"This might hurt," he warns me, looking me in the eye, "but we gotta make sure the cut isn't infected."

I nod, watching him place the piece of cotton at the opening of the bottle, then tipping the bottle upside down to soak the swab.

He gently lowers his hand down, placing the cotton swab on my injury.

Pain shoots through my body and I suck in a sharp breath through gritted teeth. I tilt my head back, making eye contact with the ceiling. It's taking everything I have in me to not pull away at the moment.

"Sorry." I hear him repeat over and over as he rubs the chemical against my wound.

I let out a shaky breath and look back down, observing my knee.

Once we both agree that it's clean enough, he throws the swab away and I start to unroll the bundle of gauze.

I gingerly wrap it around my knee, making sure that there's just enough pressure. I wrap it around about three times, before attempting to tie it.

Eddie observes me struggling. "Here." he says, taking the gauze into his own hands. I let go of the bandage and let him take control.

It's just now that I realize how close the brunette is standing to me. His thighs press up against my calves and his face is only inches away from mine. I look up towards him, watching him focus. I deeply swallow, trying to get the thought of him out of my mind.