30

𝑻𝑼𝑬𝑺𝑫𝑨𝒀
˚ · • . ° .

"Just stay here, don't move." Nancy directs before slamming the door shut.

Eddie walks up to lock the door, and I notice something in his hair.

"Wait, wait, wait." I say, trying to get a better look at the top of his head whenever he turns back around to me.

He gives me a questioning look before I drag him over to the couch, forcing him to sit down.

I turn him to where he's facing away from me, and my face is met with his back.

"What is it?" he asks, puzzled and slightly worried.

I ignore him, pulling him down by his shoulders, far enough to where his scalp is right in front of my eyes.

Whenever I finally identify what's stuck in his hair, I laugh.

"You have leaves and twigs in your hair." I explain, beginning to pick them out.

"That damn bush." he replies, recalling the bush he was hiding in earlier.

I laugh at his comment, causing him to chuckle a little.

I carefully pick out each piece, placing them down, on the outside of my thigh. I notice him shuffling with his rings.

Once I finally clear his head of debris, I let go of him.

Instead of sitting all the way back up like I imagined he would do, he completely falls down, landing his head in my lap.

"Hi." I say, smiling at the boy below me.

He smirks back, looking at me from the upside down angle. My hair is dangling in his face and I place my hands on either side of his head, brushing away loose hair.

He stares for a while, his smile slowly fading, "Do you think we'll be okay?"

I furrow my brows, wondering why he's asking such a question, "I think we'll be fine. Plus, they said they've done this like what, three times before?"

He looks away from my face, and I feel his whole entire mood change. I get another feeling that he didn't believe a word that just came out of my mouth.

It's silent for a moment, and the only noise heard is our breathing.

He suddenly sits up, pushing himself off of me.

"Hey, Iz?" he asks, avoiding eye contact.

"Yeah?" I reply, tilting my head, trying to get a better look at him.

"Uh, I just wanted to tell you," he says, fidgeting with his rings, "I'm, uh, I'm sorry."

"Sorry? What are you sorry for?" I ask, beginning to become anxious.

"Just the past few years," he says, finally making eye contact with me, "I know I've been a douche bag to you and I just..."

He trails off, looking at me with big eyes. I wait for him to continue on.

"I realized something was wrong with you recently, you had changed, and I don't know why I kept bullying you." he stammers, "But in middle school, when it started, I had some things going on at home and honestly, I think I just took it out on you."

I continue listening to him, putting my hand on his to stop him from fiddling with his rings and fingers.

"And I know that's no excuse, I really shouldn't have bothered you at all but-"

I cut him off with a kiss, wrapping my hand around his jaw.

Whenever I pull away, I read the shocked expression on his face that soon turns into a smirk.