37

𝑻𝑼𝑬𝑺𝑫𝑨𝒀 𝑵𝑰𝑮𝑯𝑻
˚ · • . ° .

𝑰𝑺𝑨𝑩𝑬𝑳𝑳𝑬'𝑺 𝑷𝑶𝑽:
⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚

Thud.

I hear heavy breathing behind me, and I soon spot Eddies face hovering above my own.

"Iz!" I listen to him repeat my name over and over as he gets on his knees, meeting my level, since I'm laying flat on the ground.

Each time he screams the nickname, his voice becomes more and more faint.

My eyelids flutter, opening and closing, trying to see through the crowd of swarming bats.

Pain shoots through every limb of my body, causing me to ignore everything else.

I see Eddie's face coated in a layer of sweat, and his mouth is moving, creating words that I can't seem to make out.

My vision is blurring and I can't feel the ends of my fingertips, possibly due to the amount of blood loss.

My vision slowly starts to blend every object together, making my total view one big blob.

The previous pain that flashed through my body only moments ago has disappeared, I can't feel anything anymore.

"Eddie...?" I barely whisper, my voice weak.

I hear yelling and chaos as everything turns black.

˚ · • . ° .

"Come on!" I hear a panicked Dustin yell, yet everything is still black.

I realize my eyes are closed, and I'm quick to shoot them open.

I take in my view slowly, noticing one thing at a time.

Dustin head hangs over my leg, his face looks like he's searching for something. I watch his eyebrows knit together. His mouth moves but his words are muffled in my ears.

Something moves in the corner of my eye, and I find Eddies hair hanging only inches above my chest. I faintly feel his hands run over my side, working frantically.

He sharply turns his head to face me when he realizes I'm awake. His dark eyes roam my face, and his mouth moves slightly.

"Iz?" he asks, waving a hand in front of my face.

Dustin also now notices I'm awake, scooting closer to my face and repeating my name, trying to catch my attention.

I open my eyes wider, and attempt to lift my head up, looking down my body. Blood is splattered everywhere, and I can't even identify what's my clothes and what's not.

There's tingling in the tips of my fingers. I lay my head back down on the ground, slightly groaning in pain.

It's just now that I notice a couple creatures still flying around the room. I find it odd that they aren't attacking the two boys surrounding me.

In fact, its sounds like the bats are screeching, more than they normally do. From my perspective, they're whining as if they're in pain.