17

𝑺𝑨𝑻𝑼𝑹𝑫𝑨𝒀 𝑵𝑰𝑮𝑯𝑻
˚ · • . ° .

"You know you're going to have to get some sort of sleep at one point." I hear the brunettes voice behind me.

It had been about three hours since we decided we would go to bed, or at least try to. Except, I couldn't go to sleep, not with this Vecna being after me and all. I was terrified to sleep, I mean, who wouldn't be?

"How are you not asleep already?" I ask Eddie, confused as to why he hasn't fallen asleep in the past hours.

"Don't try to change the subject, Iz." he smuggly replies, his voice is closer behind my ear this time.

I harshly turn to look at him, completely ignoring the nickname he called me, "I can't fall asleep, 'kay?"

I sharply turn back around, unable to look at him in the face anymore.

I feel his body move right next to me now, only inches away. I get a feeling that he's waiting for me to talk more.

"I'm sorry okay?" I apologize for my behavior just a couple seconds ago, "But what would you do if you figured out you were going to die in less than forty hours?"

"Well, I would probably spend those last hours annoying Isabelle Wheeler, you know, my arch nemesis or whatever." I can practically see his grin without even having to look over at him.

I smile out towards the water before looking at him, his eyes quickly meeting mine.

"Listen, you have like a whole day and a half left," he explains, "I don't think each of your bones are going to crack tonight."

I laugh at his response, even though it's my gruesome death he's joking about.

After talking and laughing for a while, and lots of convincing that I'm not going to see the grim reaper tonight, we both eventually end up laying back down into the boat.

I'm on my side, my own arms hug my body trying to keep warm. I can feel Eddie's body almost pressed up against mine, his breathing flows down over the top of my head.

"Hey Eddie?" I ask, hoping he's not asleep yet.

"Hm?" a slight hum is produced out of his mouth, I can tell he's on the verge of sleep.

"Don't watch, okay?" I speak quietly.

"Watch what?" his voice filled with confusion.

"If I start levitating and shit, just turn away, I don't want you to see." I explain.

"You're not going to-" he begins to argue with me but I cut him off.

"I know, I know, I'm not going to die, but just in case." I turn my head to look at his face, trying to read the expression it carries.

When he doesn't respond, I ask, "Promise me?"

"Promise." he responds, looking me in the eye.

I smile at his answer, turning my head back around and gingerly leaning my back on him. I feel him shuffle around, allowing more space for me to fall on top of his side.

I finally felt myself falling asleep.

。 ゚𝑺𝑼𝑵𝑫𝑨𝒀 ゚。

My eyes slowly flutter open, and I don't recognize my surroundings. Almost everything is dark, and my vision is blurry at the moment. I'm very close up to something, something that's tan and freckled. It hits me.

Skin.

I move my eyes around, careful to not move my head at all, skimming my other surroundings. I notice a patch of dark brown hair connected to the skin. There's an ear above my eyes, and what looks to be a jawline.

I feel my right arm slowly rising and sinking, indicating that my arm is sprawled out on top of someone's chest. Eddie's chest.

I can feel that hand hooked onto his shoulder, practically holding on for dear life.

I finally realize that my head is burrowed into his neck, and that quickly explains all of my surroundings.

As my lungs continue to inhale, I take in his scent. He smells of that same body wash that I had used in the shower. It's minty and has a bit of cheap cologne mixed into it.

The skin on his neck is only inches away from my lips, and I can't help but receive thoughts of what would happen if I was just a bit closer.

I squeeze my eyes shut, attempting to get the thoughts out of my brain. Gross.

I carefully turn my head, causing my hair to brush up against his ear. As my body also begins to move, I feel an arm under me, gripping onto my lower back.

At this, I push myself out of his arm, and unhook my hand from his shoulder, lifting my own arm up and replacing it at my side, where it belongs.

Once I'm finally untangled from him, I pick up his wrist that wears a watch, checking the time since it's still dark outside.

The clock reads 6:44 am.

I sigh to myself as I lay back down, trying to get some sleep until the sun starts to rise.

˚ · • . ° .

I feel a slight prodding at my back, then my shoulder, and whenever the prodding reaches my face is where I draw the line. I smack the hand away with my fingers, causing an Ouch to ring through my ears.

I hear my name being called over and over, and in response, I place my hands over my ears, groaning in annoyance.

"Eddie I swear to God I'm going to strangle you with my own bare hands." I threaten whenever he begins to poke me again.

"Who's got you in such a feisty mood this morning?" he asks as he stops poking me.

"You!" I point at him as I sit up from the boat. His eyes widen and a stupid smile begins to spread across his face.

I roll my eyes at him, stepping up and out of the boat. As I walk around, I look out the window, quickly noticing the curly-haired nerd walking towards the door.

Before I can say anything, the door creaks open, revealing the same boy I just spotted walking down the hill.

"Oh, thank God you two are up." Dustin says, shoving a walkman into my hands.

"What's this?" I ask, even though we can all clearly tell what it is.

"A walkman? What's this for?" Eddie is now close behind me. Before I know it, he's reaching over my shoulder and grabbing the device, his arm brushing against mine in the process.

"It's a long story, and I don't have time to explain," Dustin says, looking out the window at Steve waiting in the car, "but if Isabelle starts to float or whatever, you have to play her favorite song on here."

"Wait, how do you know my favorite song?" I ask, looking down at the track in his hands that's labeled, Everybody Wants To Rule The World.

"You do realize that every time I come over to play DnD with Mike, your music is blasting from upstairs right?" Dustin makes me feel stupid whenever he says this, as I don't really pay attention to my brothers friends whenever they're at my house.

I quickly grab the tape from him, and then the walkman out of Eddie's jeweled hand, even though he's still inspecting it.

"Hey!" Eddie says, reaching back for the tape. I turn my body, blocking him from being able to reach my hands.

I connect the tape and the walkman quickly, setting it up for the moment when I start levitating.

I feel Eddie's hands reach over my shoulder, snatching the device roughly. I'm caught off guard.

"What the fuck, Eddie?!" I shout, furrowing my brows.

"Hey, I'm the one in charge of it if I'm the one who has to use it to save your life-" Eddie begins to say.

Dustin interrupts Eddie as he opens the door, slowly walking backwards, "Listen, I hate to interrupt your couple-arguing, but I have to go."

Dustin runs to Steve's car as Eddie and I shout things behind him about how we are not a couple.

·˚ *