22

𝑴𝑶𝑵𝑫𝑨𝒀
˚ · • . ° .

My stomach twirls and does somersaults as I feel my body drop.

Arms suddenly wrap around me, so tight that it's difficult to breathe. I feel my knees make contact with the dirty ground below me.

I fiercely push myself out of the arms as my chest heaves up and down roughly.

I crawl backwards, away from the boy, while looking around me to identify everything.

I see the same forest trees, except faint moonlight is peaking through them this time. Crickets chirp and a cold wind blows, making the hair on my arms stand up. I feel the crunchy leaves beneath my hands and feet.

I finally stand up, my gaze landing on the brunette standing in front of me with a shocked and confused expression all over his face.

I rip off the headphones, throwing them onto the forest floor, listening to the faint sound of the end of the song play throughout the silent air.

I aggressively wipe the tears that were creating a river down my cheeks. My chest rises and falls quickly with my rapid and heavy breaths.

Eddie takes a step towards me, and I flinch, taking a step back. My eyes are so watery that I can only see the figure of him, but not the details.

How can I be sure that Vecna isn't standing right in front of me and tricking me once again?

"It's me." his voice sounds like Eddie, which gives me little conformation.

I blink, letting the tears out of my eyes, and I look him up and down, observing him for any hints that this is yet again another trick.

"It's me, Iz, I promise." he puts up his hands lightly in defense.

Just hearing the familiar nickname gave me total confrontation that this was actually Eddie, and I've never been so grateful.

I walk at him and he immediately pulls me into a hug. I blink as I silently let the tears fall. My shoulders shake in silent sobs as I rest my forehead on his collarbone, ultimately soaking his jacket.

I can't help but return the hug to the boy, bringing my arms around his neck tightly, which pulls me closer into him. I take in the familiar scent of him that I've been smelling the past few days, recognizing it immediately.

I sniffle a little bit, it being the only sound heard at the moment.

"It's okay. You're okay." his voice is soft in my neck, and I feel the heat of his breath touch my skin.

I continue letting out my emotions on his shoulder, leaving a damp spot on his jacket.

I take a deep, raggedy, breath before telling him, "I thought that was it. I thought that I was gonna die."

I feel his hair move, indicating that he's nodding, understanding.

"I was so scared." I say before burying my head back into the boy.

"You're safe now, I promise." his voice sounds so comforting and I believe his words.

I lift my head up, resting my chin on the damp spot my tears created. I notice that it's still super dark outside, and I can barely see anything because of the lack of light.

"What time is it?" I ask, clearing my throat, still looking at my surroundings.

I feel one of his arms lift off of me as he checks his watch, "Well my watch froze at nine, but it's been about five hours since then so..." he does the math in his head, "it's around one in the morning."