15

𝑺𝑨𝑻𝑼𝑹𝑫𝑨𝒀
˚ · • . ° .

Every time I take a step, a wet squelching noise is created. The color red is everywhere and I don't recognize any of my surroundings.

The air is freezing and dry in my throat as I scream for help.

"Please! Somebody!" I desperately yell out.

I spin around in circles, in hope to spot a familiar face, or anything familiar in that matter.

"Anybody!" I shout, my voice cracking.

That's when I hear someone talking. Their words are very muffled and short, and I can't understand them. I follow the sound, it's my only hope. I begin running like my life depends on it.

I frantically look around trying to find the source of the voice, but I can't. It feels like it is trapped in my head, that only I can hear it.

I pause in my tracks, taking deep, ragged, breaths. I brace myself by putting my hands on my knees and bending over, heavily breathing. The sentences are getting louder inside my skull.

I finally make out what the voice is saying as it gets louder, "Why did you leave me Isabelle?"

It's Chrissy. Chrissy's the one speaking.

"Chrissy?!" I shout.

"Why didn't you help me?" her soft voice rings harshly throughout my head.

"W-we tried Chrissy I swear!" I yell out.

"Why did you let me suffer?" she asks, her voice strangely deeper now.

"We tried to wake you!" I explain, fear caught in my throat and tears welling in my eyes at the memory.

"Why did you leave me there?!" the voice doesn't even sound like Chrissy anymore.

"We were scared, I-" I try to explain.

"Why?! Why?! Why?!" the voice is so distorted by now that I can't even tell who it belongs to.

I throw my hands over my ears, trying my best to block out the deafening screams from reaching my eardrums.

The world feels like it's spinning around me, even with my eyes squeezed shut. I feel so alone, I can't even remember when I got here and where I was before this.

Suddenly, I feel a pair of hands on my shoulders, vigorously shaking me.

"Go away! Go away! Go away!" I shriek loudly.

"Isabelle!" a familiar voice shouts in my ear.

I open my eyes, looking up and removing my hands from my ears. I see a face that I never would've imagined to be so very grateful to see.

"What's wrong?" Eddie looks into my eyes, searching for an answer.

His dark eyes are wide and frantically flashing from every inch of my face. Concern is expressed all over his face and I feel his fingers dig deeper into my shoulders.

I gape at him and let out a breath that I didn't know I was holding.

"Are you okay? You were shaking and shit!" he takes his hands off of my shoulders now.

"Nightmare." is all I manage to choke out, still trying to calm my jangled nerves.

Eddie let's out shaky breath, standing up from the boat and jumping out. "Had me scared for a minute there, Wheeler."