03

𝑭𝑹𝑰𝑫𝑨𝒀
˚ · • . ° .

Why does fourth period always have to be so long?

I was about to fall asleep when I feel small finger lightly tap on my shoulder.

I turn around and I'm met with Chrissy, who's trying to whisper something to me.

"Isabelle!" she whisper-yells, causing me to sit up straight.

"Would you pretty please come to the game?" Chrissy begged.

I knew exactly what she was talking about. She was cheering at the championship basketball game, and desperately wanted me there.

Chrissy never did good alone, she always had to have a friend with her whenever she went, so I reluctantly agreed.

She was so happy and flashed that big smile, which made me grateful that I decided to go with her.

The bell to fourth period eventually rang and the hallways began flooding with students.

I made my way outside and towards my car, where I found Mike and Lucas talking about something.

As I got closer, I realized they were arguing about the campaign for Hellfire that was tonight, and how they couldn't find a replacement for Lucas this time, since he had to attend the championship basketball game. Lucas eventually stormed off, and it looked like their problem still wasn't solved.

"Are you ready to go?" I quietly ask Mike, careful to not make him more angry than he already is.

He doesn't respond but gets in the passenger seat.

˚ · • . ° .

The crowd roars. The Tigers just scored another 3-pointer and are so close to winning, except there's only a minute left on the clock.

Suddenly, the room feels dizzy and I can't help but put my head in my hands. I look back up at the clock and see that only ten seconds have passed.

God, I cannot wait for this to be over.

Plus, I still have to wait for Mike to finish his campaign after this.

"Did you see that?!" Chrissy's voice breaks through the air gently. My head snaps out of my hands and I squint, adjusting to the light.

"Huh? See what?" I reply.

"Jason just blew me a kiss and then scored!" she talks so fast I can barley understand.

I smile and giggle with her about the interaction, but I quickly drop my smile once she turns away. I can't help but wonder if she will ever see Jason for who he really is.

Im starting to feel sick. My body feels like it's breaking out in a cold sweat and a migraine begins in the back of my head. I'm thankful I'm not sleeping right now, because I'm sure another nightmare would occur.

The clock reaches down to ten seconds, and the Tigers still aren't winning.

Suddenly, Lucas gets hold of the ball, and prepares to score.

He jumps, shoots, and makes a point!

The Tigers won!!

Finally this game is over.

I immediately stand up, grab my things, and run out of the gym. I would tell Chrissy goodbye, but she's definitely already caught up with Jason, congratulating him.

My headache continues to throb and my vision gets dark and dizzy as I walk. Small dots poke around my view, but once again, I try to ignore it.

I push open the doors of the gym and find Mike standing there, waiting for me.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I ask. His campaign is supposed to end after the game.

"We finished early, because no one had any attack points left in the game." he responds.

"Oh," I act like I understand, still feeling light-headed.

"Are you okay? You look sick." Mike tells me, quickly glancing at me up and down.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine." I lie, my headache pinching a nerve.

Suddenly, I catch a pair of eyes staring at me from a distance. I follow my own eyes up to the dead stare, finding the source.

Eddie.

I forgot he would be here after school with my brother.

He leans against a wall with his arms crossed, staring at me blankly with no expression.

"Do you have a staring problem or something?" I spat at him. But before he could respond, someone interrupted him.

"Isabelle!" a recognizable voice came from behind me.

I turn and see Chrissy running up to me, with a big smile on her face.

"Isabelle, can you come to the after-party?" She asks me, "The team is throwing this big party and anyone is welcome, I can give you the address if you'd like! Everyone will be there!" she explains.

"Of course! I'll be there" I respond through a tight smile.

Maybe this party would act as an event to take my mind off of things. A distraction infused with alcohol would be nice.

Chrissy gives me a thumbs up as she runs back to tell our friends the news.

As I turn back around to continue my confrontation about Eddies staring problem, I only see Mike.

Eddie is gone.

·˚ *