38

𝑻𝑼𝑬𝑺𝑫𝑨𝒀 𝑵𝑰𝑮𝑯𝑻
˚ · • . ° .

I faintly feel my back hit something soft. My legs follow right behind, bouncing up and down on the comfortable material.

A sudden coldness meets my skin, and begins to run up and down my arms. I feel fingers dig into my shoulders, the same coldness returning, but greater this time, being pressed into my skin. I identify the cold objects to be rings.

My shoulders jolt up and down as I'm shook, and my head moves a little at the impact.

My body feels drained, like I'm not even alive. I can't find the energy to pick up my head or even speak.

Finally, I regain my senses, fluttering my eyelids open gingerly.

I'm met with multiple blobs of all different shapes and colors.

It takes me a minute to realize that there are tears in my eyes, due to the previous excruciating pain I was feeling only minutes ago.

I blink carefully, allowing the tears to break free from my bloodshot eyes, and I feel them glide down my cheek slowly, leaving a sticky streak.

My vision is clearer now, and I begin to register the voices that are booming throughout the room.

"Isabella!" Eddie yells, using my full name as he stops shaking my shoulders.

I feel my mouth open subconsciously, ready to respond, but nothing comes out. My lips are dry and my throat feels tight.

I study his face, noticing the fear that takes over. His eyes have slight tears in them, and his eyebrows are pinched together in a worried tone.

I don't think I've ever seen this kind of emotion present in Eddie within my whole life.

My eyelids start to feel heavy, but I resist the strong urge to close them, not knowing if I'll ever wake back up.

My eyes roam the room, my ears drowning out the sound of Eddies pleadings for me to hang on.

I can't feel anything other than my head and neck, the rest of my body is numb, possibly due to the amount of blood I've already lost. My wounds aren't hurting anymore, and I believe I've gone numb.

Except, I begin to feel something warm rise in my throat, making it difficult to breathe.

My vision blurs objects together and a high pitched ringing fills my ears.

I can't seem to fight back the urge to keep my eyes open, and I give in, closing them completely.

I feel tears release when I close my eyes, and I eventually let myself completely relax. It feels like I'm floating on thin air.

˚ · • . ° .

I flash my eyes open, squinting at the bright light that beams.

I look down, finding myself standing up which I definitely don't remember happening.

I look around, shielding my eyes from the light and plugging my nose from the awful stench.

Whoosh.

Everything seems to clear up, and I see things floating in my face. Things that I recognize way too quickly. Particles.

I hear voices. Voices that I recognize. Eddie and Dustin.

"Come on!" someone screams desperately.

I open my eyes wider, slowly taking steps towards the boys as I view the depressing scene before me.