13

𝑭𝑹𝑰𝑫𝑨𝒀
˚ · • . ° .

Sunlight bore through my eyelids. I felt my face being pushed up against the wood below me. Every time I took a breath, I could feel my chest press up against the bottom of the boat, which was extremely uncomfortable.

I groan in annoyance at that fact that I was waking up, I severely wished for more sleep.

As I turned over, attempting to get more comfortable, I felt something heavy along my back, keeping me from moving at all.

I look down my shoulder, spotting a jeweled hand laying on one side of my waist.

It suddenly hits me that Eddie's arm is over my back. My eyes shoot open at the realization.

It's not a tight grip, in fact, he's not gripping my waist at all, his arm is just helplessly laying on top of me. Although, it is definitely heavy enough to keeping me in place.

I clear my throat.

"Eddie."

No response.

I hear his rhythmic breathing beside me in my ear. In the state that he's in, he won't be waking up anytime soon, he must be exhausted anyway.

At this realization, I gently skim my hand down towards his, and pick up a couple of his accessorized fingers. I carry it over to my other hand, carefully transferring it next to his side.

I push myself up off of the planks with my one free hand, as my other hand was still in his, and I find myself eventually sitting back on my knees.

The sudden movement causes Eddie to stir. Once he moves, I feel my hand move with him.

Shit.

I'm still holding onto Eddie's hand, right as he's waking up, great.

His eyes flutter open right as I pull away, I say a silent and quick prayer to God that he didn't notice.

He sits up a little, lightly chuckling, "Awe, was Wheeler trying to hold my hand?" he asks with a raspy morning voice. "How sweet." I hear the mockery in his voice.

"Oh please," I laugh at him, "you should've seen where your arm was whenever I woke up." His eyebrows become knitted together when I say this.

"By the looks of it, you were the one wanting to hold my hand." I smirk.

I hear Eddie replying to me, but I drown him out, I'm trying to listen to something else my ears picked up. There's faint rustling of leaves outside of the boathouse.

"Shh." I tell him, tired of his unnecessary speaking.

"What? You're just gonna ignore m-" he says but he's quickly cut off once my hand flies over his mouth.

"Shut up!" I whisper-yell, warning him. His eyes are wide at my actions.

I point towards the small window, signaling for him to pay attention to the movement outside.

He looks over at the window, before glaring down at my hand wrapped over his lips.

I swiftly take the message and mouth, "Sorry" removing my hand from his face. My hand reveals a sly smirk plastered on his stupid face. I roll my eyes back at him.