08

𝑾𝑬𝑫𝑵𝑬𝑺𝑫𝑨𝒀
˚ · • . ° .

"And that is exactly why more men died in the air than the ones in the marines during World War II." Mr. Bradley finishes his sentence. History class was having me almost asleep on my desk.

He checks his watch, and his eyebrows raise, surprised at how much time has passed.

"All right everyone, have a great spring break!" he tells all the students in my class right as the final bell rings.

My headache was throbbing once again, and I had no Tylenol or anything left so I would just have to deal with it until I got home.

The hallways were quickly crowded, and everyone was pushing towards the exits of the school. It seems that everyone couldn't wait for this Spring Break to start.

I could feel a cold sweat begin to cover my body, and my headache was bouncing around my head, a lot rougher than it was before.

As I am pushing through the teenagers surrounding the halls, I feel someone grab my shoulder, making me jump.

"Isabelle! It's just me!" Chrissy's voice is reassuring behind my head.

She grabs onto me as she pulls herself closer, now standing right at my side.

"I thought you were angry with me?" I question, recalling how she was basically ignoring me yesterday.

"Yeah, sorry about that." she apologizes, slightly embarrassed.

I just nod, understanding what it's like. I probably shouldn't have hung up on her like that anyway.

"But, I have something I need to tell you." she explains.

"What is it?" I furrow my brows.

She frantically looks around her, like she's scared of something thats chasing her.

"Maybe I shouldn't tell you here. Let's wait until we're alone." she looks nervous while saying this.

I nod to her, turning forward to see the parking lot of Hawkins High.

She follows me out the doors and to my car, where she begins to tell me that she may or may not have decided to get some drugs.

"Are you insane?!" I yell, until she covers my mouth with her hand.

"You promised that you wouldn't say anything!" she replies, taking her hand off of my mouth.

"Yeah, well, drugs are not something you want to do, Chris. If your visions are getting that bad, you might wanna take a prescription for it, but not drugs!" I whisper the last part, crossing my arms.

Chrissy had told me about her problems before, and how much she hated them. She told me about how she would see things, and hear whispers of her name every once and a while.
At first I didn't believe her, but I noticed a change in her personality quickly, which changed my mind.

I knew she would do anything to get rid of them, but I thought drugs would be her last option.

"Where would you even get them from anyway?"  I ask.

She flattens her lips, looking down at the ground before quietly answering "Eddie Munson."

My jaw falls open. "That freak?! No way! Absolutely no way am I letting you do this!"

I had smoked before, not anything more than weed though. I guess you could say I'm being a major hypocrite in this scenario, but I just don't want someone like Chrissy going down this kind of road. She could get addicted, or start to try things bigger than weed.

"Look, Ive already set it up with him," she explains, "I just don't want to go alone."

"You want me to go with you to a drug deal?" I make my sentence loud and clear, trying to get her to hear what this sounds like.

She nods her head, then looks over my shoulder at something.

Before I could turn to see what she's looking at, a voice interjects suddenly, "Absolutely not."

I turn around, finding the exact topic of our conversation standing right in front of me.

"Wheeler." he greets me.

"Munson." I mumble, rolling my eyes as I turn back to face Chrissy.

Her eyes look like she's begging me at this point. She then looks at Eddie. "Why can't she come?"

"Unless she is also buying drugs from me, she is not a part of the deal." he responds, looking at me.

He looks me up and down, "I don't want it in my house anyway."

"I have a name you know!" I say after I hear him refer to me as it.

God, he makes my blood boil.

I take a deep breath. "Just let me come over to your place with Chrissy." I look him straight in his eyes when I say this, hoping he understands.

"Listen, Isabelle if you wanted to hangout with me at my place, you could've just asked." he smirks, quoting the word 'hangout' with his fingers.

"Gross!" I exclaim, shaking my head, but he just laughs at his own joke.

Chrissy then turns and looks at Eddie, with begging eyes. "Please just let her come."

Eddie rolls his eyes as he reluctantly agrees.

Chrissy let's out a sigh of relief.

If she's actually going to do this, I am gonna do it with her. I don't want her alone with that Munson boy anyway, I don't trust him.

I suddenly feel a sharp pain in my head, causing my hand to fly to my forehead and my mouth to inhale a sharp gasp. The tips of my fingers find my forehead and press on it, as if that would help this headache disappear.

My eyes are squeezed tight but I don't need to open them to know that I am receiving weird looks from both Eddie and Chrissy.

I eventually open my eyes, wanting them to stop staring. Chrissy looks worried for me. Eddie on the other hand, I can't tell, his face is so hard to read. I tilt my head towards the ground, staring at my converse.

I sigh, and turn to look at Eddie. His eyes immediately meet mine. "What's your address? And what time do we need to be there?" I realize I just asked something I would've never imagined asking to Eddie Munson.

"I'm free to do it right now if you'd like." He offers. Chrissy quickly nods.

I have my arms crossed when he suddenly pulls at my wrist, stealing it from the position it was in. He lays my hand on top of his, and pulls out a pen from his back pocket. I notice his hands are ice cold when I feel our skin make contact.

When he turns my hand over to write something on my palm, my sleeve slides up a bit, revealing the inside of my forearm. I immediately pull it back up, not knowing if he saw anything. He doesn't make a big deal about it, which I am super thankful for, but I think he still saw.

Once he's done writing, I look at the inside of my hand. It's an address.

"There's the address." he explains. I nod. He lives in the trailer park.

Chrissy begins to talk, "So, we'll see you in like.." she looks down at her watch, "15 minutes?"

"Yeah, that's fine." he simply says, looking over at me one last time before I pull open the drivers door of my car. Chrissy gives him a thumbs up and makes her way over to the passenger side.

Once we're in the car alone, I ask, "You sure about this?"

She takes a deep breath before answering, "Yeah, I'm sure."

These visions must be pretty damn bad.

·˚ *

AN: sorry for this chapter being so short and boring! the next chapter will obviously have more action, because I'm sure you all know what happens next! thank you all so much for reading love ya<33

-ˋˏ ˎˊ-