39

𝑻𝑼𝑬𝑺𝑫𝑨𝒀 𝑵𝑰𝑮𝑯𝑻
˚ · • . ° .

Whoosh.

My lungs throb for air and my throat pools with hot blood. I lift my eyelids up as much as I can, trying to see and comprehend what's happening.

I feel multiple hands on my back, sitting me up straight, which completely helps the liquid loosen in my neck.

So much commotion is going on, and so many voices fill the air.

I feel my baby hairs stick against the top of my forehead, due to the sweat that has been building up on my body, even though the Upside Down's temperature is below freezing.

Chaos rumbles throughout the trailer and before I know it, I'm being picked up bridal-style.

I completely open my eyes now, feeling the thick liquid slowly drain from my airway, letting a pocket of air run through.

As I take a quick breath, my nose smells the awful stench that I recognize, and I quickly pull my brows together, scrunching my face at the recognizable pong.

The voices become muffled as a sharp pain hits my head, causing me to groan.

I hear a voice close to my ear, so close that I can feel the heat of it against my temple. I can't make out the words properly, since I'm far too distracted by my head throbbing to pay attention.

I swallow roughly, tasting old blood in my mouth.  My ears pop once I swallow, allowing me to listen to the voice clearly.

"We're gonna get you out of here." he tells me, and I immediately realize it's Eddie.

I close my eyes, trying to focus on staying awake as I slowly feel myself drift off.

"Just hold on, okay?" he yells, as if I'm capable to respond.

˚ · • . ° .

Beep.

Where am I?

Beep.

Am I alive?

Beep.

The rhythmic beeping keeps the same tone as it repeats obnoxiously.

My body feels dead. I feel like a dead weight has been dropped onto me, keeping me from moving even an inch. Some of my limbs are numb, and the others throbbing with pain.

I finally find the energy stored in me to open my eyes, revealing the color white everywhere.

I slightly squint, adjusting to the bright lighting. I look around me, first finding the tall monitor next to me, and then the skinny bed that I'm laying in.

I realize I'm in the room alone, enclosed by an old curtain. Nobody knows I'm awake.

I look down, noticing the white gown that I'm dressed in, and the thick bandages that wrap around my injured leg.

Looking at the injury causes memories to flood in my head, and I swear I'm going to get a headache by just thinking about the traumatic recollection.

I remember everything, from Dustin, Eddie, and I jumping into the portal, to watching myself almost tragically die.

I now understand why I'm in- what looks to be -a hospital.