Chapter 9: Riddance

Adani's POV

"Just say the word and I swear I'll run that son of a bitch over," Adonna said and started the engine. She stepped on the accelerator while the car was still in park, revving the engine with eyes locked on her target.

"Get out of the car, Adani!" Wayan yelled.

"Get out of the way, dude!" Adonna shouted back.

Wayan stalked towards the car. Adonna locked all the doors and put the car in 'drive'.

We watched with horror eyes as Wayan withdraw an object from his back and pointed it at the car.

"A gun?" I questioned unbelievably.

"I wouldn't tell you to get your ass out of the car, Adani!" he shouted.

"Enough of this! You're not going back into that house!" Adonna said. She stepped on the gas and quickly swerved passed Wayan who began opening fire on the car.

"Duck!" We yelled at the same time as she drove on. Tires squeaking on the asphalt, hearts racing and eyes glancing in the rearview mirrors, we managed our escape without a trace.

After half an hour, Adonna pulled into her garage. She helped me out the car and ushered me into her apartment.

She turned the lights on and looked at my condition.

"You look terrible, what did he do to you?" she asked while heading into the kitchen. I followed behind and tears rolled down my face as I watched her made an icepack. She handed it to me afterwards.

"He used an icepack as a weapon," I answered her.

"Shit," she mumbled, "Adani, I'm so sorry."

"I hate him. I wish I've never ever met him. How wicked can one man be?"

"You're safe now."

"No. I'm not. And I'm afraid I've put you in harms way as well. Wayan wouldn't rest until I'm under his roof. You heard what he said and saw what he did."

"He wouldn't be able to find you here. That reminds me, do you have any device that's traceable, phone, tablet, computer?"

"No. He hid my phone before he left or maybe he took it with him. I don't know. And I left my computer behind. I've left everything behind."

"Trust me, it's not worth your life. This means you get a fresh start."

"At life?"

"Yes."

"How, Wayan is going to look for me!"

"I'm aware of that, but you're safe here, as long as you listen to my advice and stay out of sight. You're not alone anymore."

She prepared some mint tea and we sat down on her couch.

"What caused it?" she asked as she took her last sip.

"He took me to dinner and I met some of his friends. There was a girl there and her whole vibe was off since I met her. Turned out, she was wearing one of my necklaces he got me and she announced she was pregnant to him."

"So he's cheating on you too?"

"I believe so."

Adonna shook her head in disgust.

"Oh, speaking of friends. Wayan has a friend by the name of Collin."

"What?" Adonna was stunned.

"Yep. Fair in complexion, curly hair and a scar just above..."