Chapter 57: Talk Your Shit!

Adani's POV

I watched in abhor as Wayan approached with the necessary supplies in hand.

The Powercut Co-operation was a Lighting Manufacturer business owned, managed and handed down by Wayan's family. As soon as he was through with college, he landed a job there and worked his way up to become the supervisor of the distribution sector.

He was pleased of his accomplishments but would have tore me down for mine.

"I hope you don't start any drama, Wayan," I cautioned and tailed behind him as he entered the lobby. He stopped in his part and looked around in admiration.

"Your place is nice," he spoke.

"Is that suppose to be a compliment?" I questioned.

"It is."

"Keep it to yourself. This way to the top floor. You're to deliver and get the hell out afterwards!" I instructed with a snap. I led him to the stairs and watch him walked up the stairs. Shortly after, I followed behind.

"Are these correct?" I asked the worker when he opened the boxes.

"Yes ma'am. We'll have them installed immediately," he replied.

"Thank you."

~

I left the second floor and went back into the lobby where Wayan appeared a few seconds later.

"Can't you be welcoming and appreciative?" he asked.

"I'm not going to be welcoming to someone who tried their all to break me down."

"Adani, you've always been pulchritudinous when you're vocal. And trust me sweetie, what I did, that wasn't my all," he responded.

"And you're bragging about it. You're such a coward."

"I may be a lot of things but I'm not a coward."

"Sure you are. A man who has hands and feet on a woman but can never have the same energy for a man. You couldn't even raise a finger on Ricardo's bodyguard or on Ricardo himself. Coward!"

"Your little weakling white boy wouldn't be able to compete even if his life depends on it. And why should I lay hands on him, he hasn't done anything to me."

"He has me."

"And I don't care."

"You're a liar. You've been shadowing me since I left your house and your life."

"That was once upon a time. I'm in a new relationship now with a much better woman. You really think I would waste my life and my time chasing after you?"

"Trust me, I was hoping you'd give up because you were an annoyance to my fiancé and me."

"When is the wedding?"

"That's none of your business."

"You two haven't set a date yet, huh?"

"You should stop asking questions that is none of your business," I reiterated.

"Adani, you need to stop with these games and come back home. Why are you fixed on tormenting me?"

"Tormenting you?" I asked with a laugh.

"Yes. You ran away from our home where we've planned our whole lives together. You moved in with a guy you've never met, someone you didn't even know! You fell for him, became his side-piece and worked your way up to his fianceé. You left me by myself and you just moved on without a care. How could you?"