Chapter 52: The Sister

Adani's POV

It was confirmed.

Adonna was my twin sister and she wasn't happy after learning mom had given her up for adoption.

"Don't try to tell me how I should be feeling right now, Adani. She kept you and got rid of me," Adonna said. We were alone at the outdoor pool.

"Believe me, I was angry too, Adonna. But then I understood the circumstances.." I tried to explain but she didn't let me complete my sentence.

"WHAT CIRCUMSTANCES! The circumstances that she had sex and wasn't prepared for the responsibilities?" she angrily shouted.

"That's not fair, you can't put that all on her when our father willingly contributed his sperm."

"Easy for you to say it's unfair, she kept you. You have no idea what it was like growing up with those people. They always kept me arms length and now I understand why. It's because they weren't my parents and I wasn't their child."

"Adonna, I'm sorry."

"No. You don't get to say you're sorry on her behalf and thinks this would just blow over and we'll join hands and sing kumbaya around a freaking fire."

"We can't change what happened. This isn't something you should hold against my.. our mother," I said and mentally slapped myself.

"Stand on the 'my mother', Adani, because she's definitely not mine," she finished and turned away from me. I watched in silence as she walk through the doors.

A few minutes later, Ricardo came to find me.

"How is she taking it?" he asked.

"Not smoothly. She's upset."

"That's understandable."

"We can't change the past though."

"No we can't, but we also can't expect her to jump for joy after finding out she was given up for adoption. She'll feel like she was rejected from the family especially after Miss. Prime kept you."

"It's overwhelming. Someone I considered a best friend is actually my sister."

"Hey, it's going to be okay. Give it time, let her process things. Let your mom explain her actions to her. I'm sure Adonna would understand."

"Okay."

He placed an arm around my neck and guided me inside where a conversation was in the hearing and heating between Adonna, mom and Mrs. Parriston.

"You had no business informing Adani about anything," mom said to Mrs. Parriston.

"I was just trying to help," Mrs. Parriston answered.

"Since when?" mom asked.

"Since we've decided to turn over a new leaf."

"All the leaves on your tree are poisonous. You have no good intentions for my children. You don't even want to see your son get marry to my daughter. You did this to stir up drama!"

"That's enough," Adonna cut in. She shook her head at the two women before walking to the door but I stopped her before she could have leave.

"We need to fix this," I said, hoping she wouldn't refuse, "Just you and mom. You can talk in the guest bedroom I once occupied."

"Adani, I don't want to hear what she has to say. There's nothing she or you can say to make me feel better about this whole situation. I'm leaving."

She walked out the door and I sigh deeply with defeat.