Chapter 16: Full House

Adani's POV

My entire body was sore and I still had several more rooms to clean again. I wobbled towards the storage space and noticed Mavielle was already inside when I got there.

"Hi," I said. She turned towards me.

"Adani, what are you doing?"

"Getting some clean cloths."

"Why, are you cleaning?"

"Yes. And why are you here, I thought Mrs. Parriston said you two left. Is Flamboyant here too?"

"Flamboyant left here so quickly, I thought she was a jet. But I stayed behind to do the chores because it's your half-day and wanted you to have time to yourself."

I felt terrible for snapping at her earlier. "I'm sorry about..."

"Hey. It's fine. I can be a bit pushy at times. I deserved that."

"No. You don't. You've been nothing but nice to me the moment I walked through the doors."

"Thanks. You're a nice person too, Adani."

We exchanged a smile and Mavielle dismissed me from the remaining tasks. I sneaked into my room, locked the door and got into a bath.

~

Later on that evening, the mansion became noisier as Mrs. Parriston's guests and family arrived. Mavielle and I stood at a respectable distance and watched as she greeted everyone at the door.

Mavielle knew each and she gave me some knowledge on everyone as they approached.

"See that woman, that's Karen Kingman. Wedded to a millionaire who owned and managed a pharmaceutical firm, unfortunately, he passed away from heart failure, and Karen is now the owner. She's Corrine's best friend."

I watched a well-dressed woman with short black hair exchange kisses with Mrs. Parriston before stepping into the room and taking a seat in the far corner.

"This other woman is Anna Stanislaus. Married to an Italian millionaire and she's a big deal in the fashion industry herself. She's also close friends with Corrine but not as close with Karen. Some bad-blood between the two women ever since there was a rumor that Karen made the moves on Anna's husband."

"Dinner would be awkward in the Grand Dinning Room," I said.

"See, you're getting the hand on this already. No matter how miserable they try to make our lives, theirs aren't a clean slate either."

We giggled lightly and continued our gossips like two high-schoolers who were getting the dirty laundry on the popular students.

"Finally. Here comes the remainder of the Parriston family," Mavielle said.

Immediately, I gazed at the entrance with awe. A well-dressed young looking woman hugged Mrs. Parriston.

"Rockett Parriston. Daughter of Corrine and sister of the boss himself. She's really a nonchalant person and she doesn't get involve in the family's drama. She's only twenty-five and already a billionaire. Mainly thanks to daddy but both children worked hard to keep their status and net worths."

"Would their father be here too?"

"No. He also passed away from a heart attack. I guess that's why Karen and Corrine are so close. They even have tragedies in common."

"Then who's the man kissing Mrs. Parriston now?"

"Her new husband."

"I thought she was racist. Why is her husband..."