Chapter 67: Unbreakable

Adani's POV

*Before Arriving At The Mansion*

"Adani, you missing that man, aren't you?" my sister asked as she noticed me staring out the window to the driveway.

"I do," I answered truthfully. I looked towards my phone, my finger finding his contact but wouldn't dare call.

"It's Christmas. What better present is there than popping up and surprising him? He loves you, Adani. Don't let that man get away," Adonna advised. She fanned me out of the seat and into the bedroom.

"Wear red," she said and took a red dress off the hanger from the closet and set it on the bed.

"I've never worn this," I said, admiring the details. Smiling to myself, I headed to the shower. Afterwards, I got dress, got into my car and drove towards the mansion.

I was going to get my man.

~
Already having access to the main gates, I drove in and parked in the mansion parking lot. I exited, smiled at the familiar feeling of being home and headed inside but a surprise was waiting for me instead.

~

"Baby, before you say anything, let me explain. I wanted him to spend Christmas with me. If he's indeed my son, I wouldn't want to look back on this day and see myself denying him on Christmas," Ricardo said as he held me as if he was afraid I would walk away.

I cupped his face in the palm of my hands and planted a kiss on his lips that caught him by surprise.

"Wait, you're not mad?" he asked.

"Of course not. Sweetie, I want you to be there for him. I would never try to get between you and little Ricci or have you choose. He's a darling," I replied and looked at the child rubbing at his sleepy eyes.

"And just when I thought I couldn't love you more," Ricardo said and kissed me lightly on the forehead.

~
I introduced myself to little Ricci and wished him a Merry Christmas. The three of us went downstairs to the kitchen where I prepared some hot cocoa with marshmallows and cookies for us, then we gathered on the couch and looked at Home Alone then we opened the presents underneath the Christmas tree.

~
The next day, we went the beach. Ricardo had arranged the time for pick-up with Penelope except she was already waiting an hour earlier at the gate when we returned.

"Ricci, get in the car," his mother snapped at him once he got out of the vehicle we were occupying. He ran into his mom's car without protest or so much as a glance at his father or me.

"Penelope, you don't have to talk to him like that," I cut in.

"Don't tell me how I can and cannot talk to my son, Adani. He's my son!" she yelled at me now.

"And I'm aware of that but what you're doing isn't necessary. Ricardo told you that you can pick him up at 6:00 pm."

"At first, he asked if he can keep him until the morning. Then I get a text saying you guys are going to the beach and I should pick him up at 6:00 pm instead. Just who do you two think you are?"

"That's a stupid question," I expressed, "He's Ricardo's son and I'm going to be apart of his life."

"Let's get something straight! The two of you aren't going to play house with my son. He was fine without you, without your money and everything else you're surrounded by."

"Penelope, I don't understand your hostility," Ricardo said.

"Of course you wouldn't. You don't know what it's like to raise a child!"