Chapter 54: Freaky Deaky

Ricardo's POV

Tim and I both issued a blood test sample for testing at a medical office. After three working days, the results came back.

Adani stood over my shoulders as I tore open the envelope. She seemed more anxious than I was.

"Well, there you have it. Tim isn't my father," I stated as shown. She exhaled with relief.

"Thank you for doing this."

"I have something to show you, go get dress then meet me in the car."

I gave her a quick kiss before she left to get dress.

~
An hour later, we were standing in front of a vacant two stories building.

"Baby, what are we doing here?" Adani asked. She removed the sunshade glasses from her eyes and stared right ahead. I came from behind her and handed her a set of keys.

"This is your future studio," I answered. The happiest expression I've ever seen on a woman took control of her face.

"Thank you. Thank you so much!" she exclaimed with excitement.

"Let's see the interior," I offered. I scooped her up bridal-style and carried her to the entrance. She inserted the key and opened the door. We looked around in amazement at the designs and decor. When I bought the building, it was unfurnished so I took the liberty in having it equipped with the necessities gym equipment a gym should have. I turned on the central air as we walked deeper in.

"You're full of surprises, Ricardo. Thank you so much for all of this. I really do appreciate it. Thank you."

"You're welcome, babygirl. Want to see upstairs?"

"I do."

We took the stairs up. The top floor was designed to be her dance studio. Large body mirrors and speakers lined the walls.

"You can add your own taste to this place. Make it yours," I said.

"You're amazing."

"Care to show me how amazing I am?" I questioned and moved in for an embrace. My hands went underneath her top as our lips met and the kiss deepened. I led her against the wall and pinned her hands above her head.

I kissed her on the neck which usually made her moan but she seem to want to get away from me instead.

"Adani, what's wrong?" I questioned.

"Nothing," she answered. I released her hands, "We've seen the place. I love it. I love you. Can we go now, I have to meet up with Adonna and Mavielle. We're going to the movies," she added.

"Okay. Sure. Let's go," I responded. We walked out, locking the door behind us.

The car ride back home was in complete silence and for the life of me, I couldn't understand why. I thought surprising her would show her how much I cared and valued her and wanted to help her achieve her goals but instead... She became distant.

~
Later on that evening, her sister and Mavielle came over. They left for the movies with Adani's bodyguard in tour. Perhaps she needed the outing to dissolve whatever was troubling her because she wasn't going to talk to me about it.

When Adani arrived back home, she walked like she was tiptoeing around the bedroom. I laid on the bed looking at her every move.

"You do know that I'm not asleep, right?" I asked.

"I aware you're awake," she answered.

"Come lay next to me then," I offered.

"I'm gonna go get freshen up first."