Chapter 10: Everyone Has A Story

*This Chapter Is Dedicated To sabiskuqi *

Adani's POV

"Destiny! Don't you dare!" Adonna exclaimed right before snatching the cellphone out Destiny's hand.

"What the hell! Okay, what is going on here, why are you hiding her?" she asked.

"You'll need to sit down for this so we can explain what's going on," Adonna responded.

"Fine. I just need to pee first."

We watched as she walked away to the restroom. I stood up with shaking legs.

"Adonna, I should leave," I said.

"Hold on."

"For what, don't you understand that she's friends with them. Wayan and Collin both and I know she's going to rat me out. You saw her behavior."

"Adani, calm down."

"How can I calm down?!" I asked with a shout. I began pacing back and forth until Destiny appeared again.

"What's going on?" she asked.

Adonna offered her a seat.

"Look, I'm now aware that you're friends with Wayan but you cannot tell him where to find her," Adonna said. Both pair of eyes looked in my direction.

"Why do you look like that, Adani, what happened to your face?" Destiny asked.

"Wayan did this to me," I answered.

"What, that's bullshit."

"It's true," Adonna vouched.

"Hold on, you two are telling me that the Wayan I've known almost half my life is abusive?" she questioned.

"Look at his fianceé's face, do you think she did that to herself, and only what we're witnessing. Do you know what happens behind closed doors, huh?" Adonna said.

Destiny looked at me with attention.

"What is your plan then, Adani, like I said, he's looking for you and he knows Adonna assisted with you leaving. And it's only a matter of time until he finds out your address."

"We need your help, Destiny. I recall you have knowledge and connections to people. Can you please help her into hiding?"

"How exactly?"

"A job. A live-in nanny, or a maid, or to assist in the kitchen?"

"Adonna, sweetie, those jobs sounds basic but it's not as easy as you may think. That's like getting into the White House. To get Adani into such an atmosphere, she will have to get recommended by a celebrity or governor or somebody along that level."

"What about your mom?"

"Nobody wants to mingle with a has been much less accept her recommendation. Can she just leave the state?"

"With what, she doesn't have anything."

We all sighed loudly.

"I'll try. Boss may have a few connections mightier than mine. What's your name again?"

"Adani Prime."

"My phone, please," Destiny said to Adonna and reached out her hand to accept it.

"Please don't call Wayan," I begged.

"I know I don't know you that well and Wayan is my friend, but I'm not going to be loyal to him in such a situation. I'm going to help you get away from him."