Chapter 25: Friends

Adani's POV

After getting home and getting into bed, I thought I would have a difficult time sleeping but as my head hit the pillow, I fell into a deep comfortable sleep.

Before Mr. Parriston's bodyguard drove us back to the mansion, Mr. Parriston himself asked me for my company to the club again. We went into the VIP section and had a great time chatting over drinks and enjoying the entertainment. The best part was seeing Wayan's face frowned until he gathered his friends and left.

I wasn't scared of him. I felt safe and protected with Mr. Parriston and it was the greatest feeling in the world.

~

It was Saturday morning but I anticipated a work day instead of the weekend. I was already up, freshened up and entered the kitchen to prepare my breakfast.

"Good morning. You must be one of the maids," someone greeted me. He was busy at the stove, flipping and stirring at the pot and pan on the burners.

"I am. And you are?" I asked.

"I'm John. The Weekend's chef. I recently got back from my holiday and Mr. Parriston asked me to come in today."

"It's nice to meet you. I'm Adani."

"Likewise," he responded and smiled over his shoulder. He was a good-looking gentleman. Muscular, broad shoulders, tattooed arms, curly dark brown hair, tanned complexion and light brown eyes.

"I'm just going to prepare my..." I stated but was cut off.

"Your breakfast is already prepared," John answered and crooked his head to the island behind him.

A delicious, balanced breakfast on a plate awaited.

"Oh, wow. Thank you, John." I poured myself a glass of orange juice and sat down and dug right in.

"Good morning. It smells delicious in here," Mr. Parriston greeted as he walked into the kitchen with a bright smile.

"Mr. Parriston, how are you?" John asked.

"Hey, John. I'm doing good."

The men briefly exchanged a quick side hug before Mr. Parriston took his plate and sat down right next to me.

"Good morning, Miss. Prime," he said to me.

"Good morning, Mr. Parriston."

We ate in a comfortable silence until John turned the burners off and looked at us, like really looked at us.

"What?" Mr. Parriston asked with his mouth full.

"Nothing," John answered.

"Ahhh! John! Oh how I've missed you and your cooking," Mrs. Parriston said now as she walked into the kitchen. My mood shifted and so did the breakfast in my stomach.

"Mrs. Parriston. How lovely to see you. I've prepared a special plate just for you," John said and handed it to her. Her eyes lit up. I've never seen someone so happy over a breakfast.

"You remembered," she said to him.

"I do. You were very specific the last time you visited."

"Mom, what time is your flight again?" Mr. Parriston interrupted the two who were.. flirting?

"I've cancelled," she answered. She moved a chair right between us and sat down, blocking off my view completely.

I was almost done with my breakfast anyways but I was low-key sick of Mrs. Parriston's presence.