Chapter 38: Bliss

Adani's POV

"She's up to something," Adonna said as we returned back to the hotel and walked into our beach cabin, "She wouldn't just invite us along. That bitch doesn't like us."

"It is weird. I'm still wrapping my head around her giving me a pair of bikini. Maybe she wants to make amends and be friends with.."

"Don't do that," Adonna almost snapped. She turned towards me, "Don't go melting and thinking she wants to be your friend or our friend."

"Okay."

"Bless your heart, you're always trying to see the good in people even though they've already shown you their true colors."

As the sunset in Jamaica, I opened the windows, letting in the orange effect and the evening air. Adonna sat on her bed with a crossword puzzle book and I ordered something for us to eat.

~

The next afternoon, a knock greeted us. Adonna went to open the door and in stepped Penelope carrying two white boxes.

"Hi. I got these for the two of you," she said and handed us each a box, "Feel free to wear it to the event today."

"What event?" I asked.

Penelope smiled and fixed her hair behind her ear. "It's a surprise for everyone so I wouldn't tell you until it's time, but the two of you are to be at the beach front entrance at 3:30 pm sharp. That would be all. Bye now." With with a small wave, she left the room and left us in utter suspense.

Adonna and I opened our boxes. Inside, there were white dresses.

"A party?" I questioned.

"Maybe. Maybe not. We'll find out at 3:30 pm and I'm not wearing that white dress. I'll be wearing black. Completely opposite to what she wants," Adonna said and started ruffling into her baggage.

I looked between the dress and my baggage, wondering if I should wear the dress or not.

"Adani, are you going to wear the dress or not?" Adonna asked, snapping me from my wondering and causing confusion.

"Uhh.. the dress."

~

At 3:20 pm, we left and took our walk towards the beach front entrance as instructed. Eloise and Derick were already there and so was Penelope. She was wearing a mini white dress with lots of ruffles, similar to that of a prom dress. It was lined with dazzling diamonds and pearls. The sleeves were a sheer white and when Eloise helped her fit the veil onto her head, it dawn on me.

A wedding. The wedding?

Penelope locked me in her vision and a coy smile wider than a river plastered her face.

"That was her plan all along. To rub her getting married to Mr. Parriston in your face. She's so insecure!" Adonna whispered with a shout.

We then watched as Mr. Parriston walked towards her with a confused expression on his face. A slow jazz played as he reached her and the officiant of the ceremony.

"Do we have to be here?" I asked. I felt like I wanted to vomit and I also felt stupid wearing the dress.

"We don't but judging by the look on Mr. Parriston's face, he looks confused and ambushed by what is going on."

We watched as Mr. Parriston gestured for the band to stop playing. He removed his sunglasses.

"Let's get closer," Adonna said and took my hand without waiting for me to answer. We walked closer to the stage but stood at a respectable distance.