Chapter 31: Walk The Walk

Adani's POV

'A pleasant good-day to you Miss. Adani Prime. Please note that your order has been shipped and arrived before scheduled. Thank you for shopping'.

I closed the email and looked at the box I had placed on the bed. I flushed as I remembered the look and the handsome smirk on my boss' face when he handed it over to me.
It must have arrived when Mavielle and I went to Flamboyant's and being as the package stated Mr. Parriston's address, security bought the item to his office without even looking at the name.

I was too embarrassed to even use it now so I tucked it away in one of my drawers before I reached for my cellphone and called Mavielle to check up on her. What she told me was infuriating.

"What do you mean by she's pressing charges?" I questioned.

"An officer explained that I've assaulted her and she has a right to press charges against me for doing such! It doesn't matter what she did because she's being held accountable but what I did was also a crime!"

"That's so ridiculous. Flamboyant really wants to have the last laugh after what she did, said and put you through?"

"She's a horrible person, Adani. I was so stupid to not see it before. I don't care if I get a million charges, I would beat that bitch all over again for what she did. She put me through hell and had the audacity to say she was my bestie. I hate her!"

Mavielle was still angry and that was completely understandable. I couldn't imagine the pain and hurt and anger she must be feeling at once all over again.

"I'm so sorry. How do you think Mr. Parriston would react when he hears this?" I asked her.

"I don't know. I don't want to lose my job over this too."

"I don't think you would. He has been sympathetic to the whole situation and he did came to the police station. I too have a few days off to gather myself," I informed.

"He's the best boss ever."

We spoke for a few more minutes and then we ended our conversation. I left the bedroom and went into the kitchen to pour myself a glass of water.

"You! You maids!" Mrs. Parriston started. She was already sitting on one of the stools with a glass of red wine in her hand, "All you ever do is embarrass my son!" she added.

"Mrs. Parriston, with all due respect, I don't know what you are talking about," I answered.

"Oh, you don't, perhaps that brain of yours don't process information quickly. If it gets out that my son's maids are attackers, it would be calamitous to his reputation that I worked hard on building."

"Attackers?"

"You and the other black one know exactly what you did. I hope the police officers aren't lenient. I'll make sure of it. Then again, maybe I don't have to. The color of your skin would be just about enough."

"Mrs. Parriston, you have been nothing but racist since you saw me. You don't like black women, fine! But don't poke your nose into something you have no knowledge about. Do you know what Flamboyant did to Mavielle?"

"Of course I know. She ran her mother over."

"Oh, so you do know. And you don't see that that was the reason why Mavielle lashed out at her?"

"She and you had no right to lay a finger on Flamboyant. That's the problem with people like you. Always taking the law into your own hands and then play the victim and the race-card when you can't get away with certain things."

"First of all, I didn't attack anyone. Secondly, Flamboyant deserved it."

"Oh, like how you deserve every beatings you received from your fiancé?"