Chapter 53: Another One?

Adani's POV

"We have to find out who she by ourselves since Tim wouldn't tell us shit afterwards," I told Adonna as we left Tim's office and walked back towards the parking lot.

"I can't believe that man. How can someone so recreant be our father?" Adonna asked. We sat down in the car with a huff.
Smoke caught our expression.

"Why the faces, do I have to stomp on anyone?" he questioned while looking at us from the rearview mirror.

"No," I answered.

"Yes," Adonna answered also and looked at me, "Adani, we can get him to let Tim talk to us about this other sister in question."

"Adonna, I don't think that's a good idea."

"Don't mind me saying, but uh, I think I know what you're talking about," Smoke chimed in again.

"You do?" Adonna and I asked at the same time.

"When you're a bodyguard as long as I've been one, you hear things, see things and know things. There were doubts about Rockett being the daughter to the late Mr. Parriston," he revealed.

"You've got to be joking," Adonna said. I was too stupefy to speak until the car ride home.

~
The bombshell news was weighing on my mind. It was too close for comfort and instead of seeking consolation in my fiancé, I found perturbation.

"Adani, it's been three days and you're still giving me the cold shoulder. Did I do something wrong or is there something you want to talk to me about?" Ricardo asked as he walked into the bedroom and found me staring out the glass window.

"I don't know how I can talk about this," I mentioned.

"You can tell or ask me anything. Please talk to me," he said and moved to sit next to me but I scoot away.

"Adani, if there is something troubling you, talk to me about it please so I can fix it."

"It's.. Ricardo, have your parents, your father, ever ask your mom for a DNA test, are you really your father's son?" I asked. I've been meaning to ask this question since the day I heard about Rockett.

"Is that a serious question?" he asked back in an offended tone.

"I'm sorry, I meant no disrespect. It's just that I heard something.."

"What did you hear?"

"About your sister."

"What about my sister?"

"She might not be your father's daughter. She might be Tim's daughter. Your mother and my father were having an affair before your mom even had children."

"Oh, I see."

"I'm more concern about you. If there's that possibility Rockett can be Tim's, you can also be his son which would make us brother and sister!"

"Okay, just stop. That's crazy."

"No, it's not. Tim told Adonna and me that we have another sister."

Ricardo went silent for a few seconds until he gathered himself again and retrieve his cellphone from his front pants pocket.

"Who are you calling?" I asked.

"My mother."

~

The next morning, Mrs. Parriston arrived with Tim at her side.

"I want to make it absolutely clear to you and everyone else who may have doubt. Rockett isn't Tim's daughter," Mrs. Parriston announced, "And I don't appreciate you telling people that she is," she finished while looking at him.