Chapter 47: Up Close And Personal

Ricardo's POV

"Sir, with this new and innovative technology, it puts a whole new meaning to the term 'smart cars security'," Falyn, my new marketing assistant informed.

"Elaborate," I responded.

She approached the projector and started the PowerPoint presentation with her team.

"We've designed a technology that would make driving safer, secured and more convenient to the new and experienced drivers. Our cars are our havens when we're on the streets. So, what my team and I have created is a technological car security system what would wow car manufacturers over the world," she said with great enthusiasm.

~
It was Tuesday afternoon and I was at the company brainstorming ways to take PIT to another level.

"Sir, this technology contains senors, camera, body scanner, built in weight measure.."

"Weight measuring, why?" I interrupted.

"For Security reasons. This would be an option for the driver if he or she is comfortable with this method of security, of course. Someone wouldn't be able to start the car if the weight measuring isn't as the driver."

"And what if a car jacking thief weighs the same as the owner of the car?"

"That's where the cameras and scanner comes in. The camera would be discreetly located on the dash. Drivers' recognition would be stored into memory. The camera would go into motion the moment the seat sensor comes on. Seat senor is activated when someone sits in the driver's seat."

"How long after sitting into the seat would this be effective, no one wants to sit in their cars for minutes for a scan."

"That's the brilliance of it, Sir. It doesn't take minutes. It's just seconds because the system would be activated the moment the doors are unlocked. And it would deactivate the moment the driver exits the vehicle."

"What if two persons own and drive the vehicle?"

"There's a main admin menu. This would have the instructions to add another driver to the system."

"What if a teen isn't permitted to drive but wants to add herself or himself to the system without parental permission?"

"Then that teen would need the main admin's fingerprint."

"Ah. So even the system itself is secured. I'm intrigued. Continue."

"There would also be a fingerprint option to start your vehicle. Nobody in this world has the exact same fingerprints and putting in codes are getting outdated. A quick fingerprint to start and even shut down the vehicle can be much more effective."

"What about hot wiring on an old car?" I asked.

"Our system would vault hot wiring. Any interference would cause the car to system lock itself like a vault and only the driver would be able to unlock the car."

"No one has done this before?" I questioned.

"Not like us," Falyn answered with confidence. She was beaming and was basking in this area of marketing, "I've already made contact with several manufacturers and they're interested in having a trial. Once the trial has passed and I know it would, we'll be getting contracts like crazy."

"You really believe in this, Falyn?"

"I do. And I have so many other ideas to make this system even bigger."

After some thinking, I said "You have my full permission to launch."

The team erupted into cheers and loud applauses as they hugged each other and huddled their team leader, Falyn.