Chapter One~A Trip To Diagon Alley

Elladore

"Hurry Demelza we were supposed to be there 20 minutes ago!" I yell at my sister from in front of the fireplace.

"I'm coming! I had to dry my hair!" She yells back at me, emerging from the kitchen.

"You girls ready then?" My father asks, holding a box full of floo powder.

"Yes!" I say confidently. I can't wait to get my supplies for my fifth year at Hogwarts, but more importantly I can't wait to see my best friend. I take a pinch of the dreadful powder and throw it into the fire. I hate traveling this way, but it is better than apparating. "Diagon Alley!" I shout through the bright green flames. Then I start to see fireplace after fireplace, making sure to keep my elbows tucked in.

I tumble out into the attic of a bookstore-by the looks of it. Books are piled up everywhere and so are old, dusty boxes. I cough a bit from the dust and  Demelza comes tumbling out after me, making me fall down again.

"Demelza!" I shriek, getting up once more to dust off my clothes.

"Sorry sis but you should've moved before." she rolls her eyes at me.

"Speaking of that-" but before I could finish our father comes tumbling out of the fire place knocking us both down.

"Bloody hell!" I say, getting up for the last time.

As my dad starts to scold me for my 'foul language' I hear a familiar voice. "Ella? Ella is that you?"

"Yeah it's me. We're in the attic!" I shout back to my best friend in the world, Rosalie Cresswell.

The door swings open and Rose runs to me, wrapping me in a big hug which I return, both of us shrieking in delight. Demelza rolls her eyes again, "every time you see each other it's like you haven't seen each other in 5 weeks!" She complains.

"Well, it's been," I pause, counting the days on my fingers, "12 days!" I say, over-dramatically, pretending to faint. Rose chuckles.

"Okay girls. We should get to Gringotts before it gets too busy." Says my dad. The four of us leave the exit and find Rose's father, Dirk.

"Hello Dirk how are things?" My father greets him with a smile.

"Ahh, fine John, fine indeed." Rose, Demelza and I exchange a look before tiptoeing off to find Rose's brother, Garrett who was a year younger than Rose and I. Garrett is in the same house at Hogwarts as us, Ravenclaw. But my sister is in Gryffindor. What a disgrace! (I'm kidding I do love her... sometimes.) When we find Garett, he's examining a book on muggles.

"Put that down and say hi!"Rosalie snaps at him immediately, making him jump and drop the book.

"Bloody hell Rose!" Garett curses at us.

"Oi! Language Gare-Bear!" Rose scolds.

"Quit it you're only one year older than me!" Garett whines.

"Yes and Demelza is three years younger than us. Stop stating the obvious! Let's go to Gringotts!" I say with excitement. I love Gringotts, but the Goblins creep me out a little too much. I also don't love the rides to the vaults, they always make me feel queasy and Rose jokes that I'm going to fall out, which really doesn't help.

We meet up again with our fathers and head out for the wizarding bank. The large marble building seems to get bigger as we approach, and it looms over the crowds of wizards and witches shopping down below. We climb the marble stairs and enter through the great doors. I catch a glimpse at the sign posted on the wall as you enter;

'Enter, stranger, but take heed
Of what awaits the sin of greed
For those who take, but do not earn,
Must pay most dearly in their turn.
So if you seek beneath our floors
A treasure that was never yours,
Thief, you have been warned, beware
Of finding more than treasure there.'