Chapter Thirteen~Blubbering Idiots

Ella

"Sleep well," says Dumbledore before leaving the great hall.

"Ella? Rose? What happened?" I turn around to see Aaron, Luke, Nathan and Tyler looking at us with wide eyes.

"The Fat Lady isn't in her portrait," explains Rose.

"Why?" Tyler cuts in.

"Because," she says, clearly annoyed at being interrupted, "Sirius Black showed up and she refused to let him in the dorm. So he ripped her picture open and she fled."

There was silence as we all let the information sink in. Sirius Black, the one and only person who has ever escaped from Azkaban was actually here. In the castle. The mere idea sent shivers down my spine. I edged closer to Fred.

"Don't worry," Fred says, breaking the silence. "I'm sure he's gone now and if he's not Dumbledore will definitely catch him."

I smile up at him. This is my favourite thing about Gryffindors. They are always so calm in the face of danger. I, on the other hand, become a mess of stress and anxiety. I can never decide what to do. I definitely have some Gryffindor inside of me, being the prankster I am, but when it comes to actual bravery, I feel I lack a few aspects. 

When the sorting hat put me into Ravenclaw, it debated for a bit on putting me in Hufflepuff and then it contemplated Gryffindor due to my lack of listening to the rules. I remember the sorting hat saying to me "well, Mrs. Cresswell will need someone to keep her company in detention" before putting me in Ravenclaw where I met Rose, the girl I realized he was referring to. Indeed, we were great company for each other in all those detentions. If it wasn't for the Hats decision, I don't know where I would be right now.

"Earth to Ellie!" Fred says making me snap back to reality.

I glare at him, "I told you not to call me that."

"You did?" He says, trying to act as if he never heard me. I try to hold back a smile and push him a little.

"Can we go to bed! I'm tired!" Moans Piper causing everyone to laugh. We all gather up our sleeping bags and head to a corner where we can hopefully talk in peace.

"We'll be right back, love." Lee says to Piper, giving her hand a squeeze and walking off with the twins.

"Where d'you suppose they're off to?" Asks Tyler.

"Probably to carry out their prank." States Aaron matter-of-factly.

"Bloody hell! I forgot about that!" Exclaims Rose, and I sigh.

"Well we better not dwell over it. Let's just get some sleep" I say.

"Yeah, as if that's a good idea. Real smart. Remind me how you're in Ravenclaw." Says Tyler, rolling his eyes.

Tyler and I have never gotten along very well. No one really likes him actually. He's just 'that other boy in the dormitory'. I don't know why no one likes him. He's just always been so mean and bitter. I swear he was meant for Slytherin. Though, he has the best marks out of all the wizards in our year, unable to beat Piper of course.

"Shut it, Tyler." Luke says. "I think we should sleep. Especially since Percy will scold us if we don't."

Tyler mumbles something like "good for nothing git." But says nothing else.
We all settle our sleeping bags in a circle, leaving a space for Fred, George and Lee. We joke around for a bit, talking about our past years. Before we met the twins, this was it. Piper, Rose, the boys and I. We were the only Ravenclaws of our year, save the two girls who went everywhere together. We have so many memories and stories to talk about, there's barely any silence.