Chapter Sixteen ~ Concentrate

Rose's POV

"I told already. You don't need to get me anything." I say as I walk out of the great hall.

"You and Ella always give each other presents." George says.

"That's different."

"How?"

"Well Ella and I have been friends for almost five years."

"And we've been friends for almost five months. I see no difference." George says, staring at me.

"There's no changing your mind is there?" I ask.

"Nope." He says popping the "p".

"I forget that sometimes you can be almost as stubborn as me." I say with a small smile.

"Sometimes more." Fred says, popping his head into our conversation.

There are three weeks until Christmas and this is the fourth time we've had this same discussion. Ella and I have the twins convinced that we're not going to get them anything for Christmas. That's not the case however. We've also been trying to get them not to buy us anything. That part of the plan hasn't worked out very well.

"Excited for the next Hogsmeade visit Ellie?" Fred says with a grin.

"I guess." Ella mumbles. Fred's eyes become wide.

"Are you feeling alright?" He asks. "You didn't even get mad when I called you Ellie."

"Ella's feeling a bit under the weather." I say giving her a hug.

"All we have today is Transfiguration and then History of Magic so after that you can go up to our dorm and sleep." Piper says with a smile.

"That would have been good." Ella says.

"But we have Quidditch practice this afternoon." I finish for her.

"Quite the dilemma." George says.

"I can see you're really torn up about it." Ella says.

The six of us, being myself, Ella, Piper, Lee, Fred and George, walk into our second last class of the day. Luke, Aaron, Tyler and Nathan are also in this class but they're running a bit late today. The desks in this class are set up in groups of three. So Ella, Piper and I sit together and the twins and Lee sit together. By the time Luke, Aaron, Nathan and Tyler walk in there are only two minutes before class starts. I twirl my wand around my fingers much to Ella's dismay. She hates it when I do that.

"You're going to poke someone's eye out." She says.

"Preferably Tyler." I sigh.

Professor McGonagall walks in right on time. She straightens her glasses and clears her throat.

"So... today we are starting Vanishing Spells. These are easier than Conjuring Spells, which you would not usually attempt until N.E.W.T. level, but they are still among the most difficult magic you will be tested on in your O.W.L." She states in her stern voice.

I immediately sit up a bit straighter in my seat. I've already been practising Vanishing Spells by myself and I've gotten a good grip on it. I sit quietly and listen to her talk us through the spell. Even though I already know how to cast the spell I want to know if there is anything I'm missing. Once she tells us that we may began I eagerly take hold of the goblet we've been given to vanish. I've already become quite good at vanishing inanimate objects and I'm hoping if Professor McGonagall sees me she'll let me practice on something living.

I take a deep breath and tap the goblet with my wand. "Evanesco." I say clearly. My goblet vanishes almost instantly. I smile at the spot where it was. McGonagall is immediately upon me.