Chapter Twenty Three ~Tickling Charms

Ella

Weeks pass and I still hear nothing from Luke, or the Raven for that matter (but I'm almost positive they're the same person). Rose has been spending a lot of time with Roger and Piper has been with Lee and without Luke, I've found myself completely best-friendless. I've found myself spending most of my time in the library where I normally run into Hermione who is in a quite similar position to me, only she isn't seeing her friends much because they have exiled her over something she can't control. I mean seriously, Ron and Harry should just grow up and accept the fact that cats are cats and that maybe Hermione isn't the worst person in the world right now - not with Sirius Black on the lose.

Tonight however, is not one of those nights where I listen to Hermione's complaining as she explains how to do some charm or another (I swear that girl should be in Ravenclaw). No, tonight Hermione is nowhere in sight as I pour over my textbook, hoping the words will somehow teach me how to perform the charms necessary for my test tomorrow which I am no where near ready for since Roger has been practising us extra hard with Rose's encouragement for the upcoming Quidditch match against Gryffindor. Fred keeps telling me every night through our mirrors how he's going to cream our team. I always laugh at him and warn him how he won't be able to do much because I'm going to hit him so hard with a blunger he'd think his name is 'Gred' and his brother was 'Forge'. He laughed at this a lot more than I thought.

Anyway, charms. Not ready. Never ready. Did I mention I suck at charms? Its sad because I really do love the subject I just have no way of doing it. I'm just about to give up the studying when I hear my name and pull out the twin to the magic mirror I gave Fred.

"Theres my Elliephant!" Says Fred as I quickly look around to make sure no one was near me, I'm not positive if these things are allowed in school. "Fancy a prank?"

"I can't" I moan, thinking how I would love to go pull a prank on someone to get my mind off not only this test but also Luke and the Raven. "I have charms tomorrow and I'm not even sure what spell I'm studying." I say, resting my head on the palm of my hand and propping the mirror on the table using my textbook.

"Charms? Easy! I'll be there in 5 minutes." He says with a grin which makes me think we won't be doing much charms.

"Fred no I really-" but the mirror had already gone back to its original state. I sigh and put it back in my book bag, wondering what kind of prank Fred has in mind for us this time.

When I'm not in the library, practising Quidditch or spending my scarce minutes with my Ravenclaw friends, I'm running around the castle with Fred and occasionally George, pranking Slytherins or messing with our other friends. Those pranks are one of the only things keeping me from going crazy right now. Fred can always take my mind off things and make me laugh. And he's not too bad looking either. I'm really lucky Rose and I met them in Diagon Alley because I really needed a friend like him and George.

"El-la-la-la-la" Fred sings, sitting down beside me.

I raise my eyebrows at him, "Thats a new one."

"Just wanted to showcase my beautiful voice." He says with a grin.

"Yeah, thats one way to describe it." I laugh.

He places a hand over his heart like he's hurt. "Are you trying to tell me you don't like my singing" he says in mock-shock.

"Yep." I say popping the 'p' before sighing and looking back at the textbook. "So how do I do this?"

Fred takes one look at the page before bursting out laughing, gaining some glares from students sitting near us. "Fred! Don't be mean you know I'm not good at charms."