Chapter Eighteen ~ Snowballs & Christmas Eve

Rose

"Are you done yet?" George asks from across the Entrance Hall.

"Does this room look like Christmas exploded in it?" I say, turning to face him.

"Yes." Fred, George, Lee and Ella say together.

"I'm not done just yet." I say. The four of them groan. "You guys can go if you want. No one said you have to wait for me."

"Oh we're not waiting for you. Piper is still upstairs." Lee says.

"She's getting more supplies and then helping me decorate. I suggest you leave now or you'll be here forever." I say with a grin.

"Come on let's leave Santa's little helper alone to decorate the workshop." Lee says patting my head.

"Who?" Fred asks.

"It's this muggle thing Piper told me about. Some large man comes in to kid's rooms and leaves presents. He has these elves who..." Lee begins but stops after seeing the looks on their faces.

"I want lunch. Just leave her be." Ella says.

"Bye, Merry Christmas Eve!" I call after them. I've already helped decorate the Great Hall and I've convinced Piper to help me with the Entrance Hall and the Ravenclaw Common Room. I'm almost done the Hall and I'm hoping to get the common room finished quickly so that we can partake in the giant snowball fight Fred and George have organized.

Christmas is by far my favourite time of the year so I become extremely happy during the season. Piper is strangely not as into it as I am but she still enjoys it. Ella is the real problem. Ella unfortunately doesn't share my love of Christmas, one of her few flaws. She likes it enough and occasionally helps with my spreading of cheer, but she requires quite a bit of coaxing. That is my mission for tomorrow.

"Aww you've practically finished without me." Piper says coming down the staircase.

"Sorry love, we can still do the common room together." I say hopping off the small ladder I was standing on. "Help me carry these supplies upstairs so we can start."

"Don't you want lunch?" She asks pointing towards the Great Hall. The scraping of forks and knifes can be heard from out here and my stomach grumbles.

"Who needs food? I'm trying to get in the Christmas spirit." I say heading up the nearest staircase.

Piper quickly grabs my arm and pulls me backwards. "Come on, you need to eat something. You'll need your energy if we want to beat the boys in the snowball fight."

"But the common room." I plead.

"What good is a chaser on our team if she can't even throw a snowball because she didn't eat anything?" She says.

"Fine." I huff and follow her towards the Hall. We walk towards the Gryffindor table where the twins, Lee, Rose and Luke are all eating. I throw my decorating supplies down on the table and take a seat beside Ella.

"Look who's come to join us." Fred says.

"Rosie the Reindeer." George says.

"You're lucky." I say quickly buttering myself a piece of toast. "If I wasn't in such a good mood I would kill you for calling me Rosie."

"When are you going to accept the fact that I'm not going to stop calling you Rosie." George says with a smirk.

"I could turn your nose red, that's Christmassy, and a punishment." I say, pouring myself some pumpkin juice.

"How is a red nose Christmassy?" He asks.

"Rudolph." I say obviously.

"Who's Rudolph?" He asks, raising an eyebrow.