Chapter Twelve- Nicknames & Blue Boys

Piper

"Come here Hershey." I say in a singsong voice as Rose, Ella and I walk into our dormitory. I sit on my bed as Rose's cat jumps onto my lap.

"I wish Hershey liked me as much as she liked you, Piper." Ella says moving to stand beside me. She tries to pet Hershey who moves slightly but then relaxes.

"Well she loves me most." Roses says. "Give her here."

"I don't want to!" Piper whines. "She's so soft and cuddly."

"You can hold her if you tell us what happened with Lee." Rose says. I roll my eyes.

"Fine." I say with a sigh. The two of them sit down on their beds and Ella waves her wand and the door slams shut.

"Go." Ella says.

"Okay, so after you and the twins ditched me, still not over that, but after that I went to
go for a walk. And while I was walking Lee jumped out from behind the staircase beside Honeydukes." Piper starts.

Flashback

"Boo!" He says. I scream and a few sparks shoot out of my wand and into Lee's face. He strumbles backwards a few steps before hitting his head on the staircase behind him.

"Oh god I'm so sorry." I say grabbing his arm.

"Merlin's beard, that hurt!" He exclaims.

"Are you alright?" I say. I quickly conjure a small bag of ice for Lee.

"What is that?" Lee says, rubbing his head.

"An ice pack." I say. He looks confused so I clarify. "It's a muggle thing. Just put it on your head. It'll stop it from swelling."

"Calm down Pipe. It's not gonna start swelling." Lee says.

"If you don't want it th-" I start. "Did you just call me Pipe?"

"No." He says, taking the ice pack.

"Yes you did." I say.

"No I didn't." He mumbles.

"Only Luke calls me Pipe." I say.

"I've heard Rose and Nathan call you Pipe. Why can't I?" He says.

"Ha! You did call me Pipe." I say, Lee rolls his eyes. "Everyone else just says Pipe if they're making fun of Luke. It's his nickname for me."

"Well I'll just have to come up with my own nickname for you then." He says. "And I assure you it will be better than Pipe."

"What's wrong with Pipe?" I ask.

"It's what muggle so use for plumbing." Lee snorts. "He might as well call you doorknob."

"That's not the point." I start, but Lee is already walking away. "Where are you going?"

"The Three Broomsticks, I fancy a butterbeer." He cries back to me. He stops at the door and turns back to face me. "Are you coming or not?"

I look hastily behind me before following him into the pub.

******

"Am I really doing this? Sitting in the Three Broomsticks with Lee Jordan. Think about this Piper, you hated him two hours ago. Well I never really got to know him before now." I'm having yet another conversation with myself.

Lee's talking to me about some Herbology homework and I stopped really listening a few minutes ago. I catch a few words like 'git', 'scratch', 'sacked' but I've started staring out the window.