Chapter Seventeen ~ Shopping Sucks

Ella

A sea of black robes flood Hogsmede as Piper, Rose and I quickly make our way to Zonkos joke shop to grab some more presents for Christmas. I absolutely despise the cold so we try to move at a fast pace from shop to shop, trying to avoid the falling snow.

"Who do you still need?" Piper asks me.

"Well I got Tyler and Nathan their stuff at Honeydukes. I think I'll find a present for Aaron, Luke, and Lee in here." I say as we enter the shop.

"Speaking of Lee.." Rose says, turning to look at Piper, "what did you get him?"

"You'll see." she says with a mischievous grin.

"Oh come on! Just tell us!" I say, annoyed at her secrecy.

"Nope." She says popping the "p"
"You'll just have to wait like everyone else."

"You know what we're getting the twins!" Rose whines.

"Yeah, which contains of nothing so far." Says Piper pointedly. It's true, it's been easy getting presents for everyone else but when it came to the twins, our brains just got stuck. And that's saying something considering we're in Ravenclaw.

"This is perfect!" I say, picking up a plush snowy owl off the shelf.

"For who? Demelza?" Rose asks.

"No for Luke! Didn't you say he loves stuffed animals Piper? He's so adorable!" I laugh, grabbing some basic prank products for Aaron and Lee. Rose and Piper grab some stuff as well and we all pay at the counter.

"Alright, Ella, I think we need to split up now." says Rose, looking at her list of people to buy for.

"Alright, you two can go together and I'll find Luke." I say. They nod and head in the opposite direction towards the shrieking shack while I enter the three broomsticks. I see the four Ravenclaw boys sitting at a table near the bar and I walk over.

"You can't be done your shopping already!" I say from behind Luke, making him jump and spit his butterbeer down his front. Everyone laughs and he turns bright red.

"Nice one, Skywalker." Aaron says through chuckles. Luke punches him lightly.

"Luke I need your help getting a present for your sister." I say, worried that I won't have enough time to shop for Rose the twins afterwards if I stay here for too long.

"Alright." Luke gets up, leaving a galleon next to his empty tankard. "Let's go."

As we leave, I hear the other boys snickering from behind and Aaron whistles. Why are they so excited over me asking Luke for help? I shake my head and follow Luke outside.

The wind has picked up and the snow is blowing harder than ever now.

"WHERE ARE YOU THINKING?" Luke shouts over the blizzard. I shrug my shoulders. Luke sighs and we start to run towards the nearest shop which happens to be full of Quidditch supplies.

"Oh this is perfect! Piper loves Quidditch!" I exclaim, dusting off the snow from my robes.

"Good idea, I should get her something from here too." Luke agrees.

"Yeah better than that joke wand you had in mind for her" I tease him.
We walk around the shop for a bit, looking at the diverse brooms and beaters bats. We paused for a moment at the latter, eyeing particularly nice bats since we are both beaters. After wandering around the shop for a bit, Luke decides to get Piper a scarf for her favourite Quidditch team; the Holly Head Harpies.

A bookshelf catches my eye (obviously) and I hurriedly run to it. Sitting on the shelves are diverse books for quidditch history, tips, and legends. I know that Piper already has a copy of 'Quidditch Through The Ages" but I can't help but pick up a copy that catches my eye. As soon as I open it, I know why. It has been signed by all the players of the Holly Head Harpies. Without another thought, I pay for the book and drag Luke out of the store before the shop owner could realize that they just charged me 5 galleons for a book worth 500.