Chapter Fifteen ~ Midnight Mischief

Ella

"I feel bad doing this without Rose." I state as we make our way through a secret passageway.

"Don't be. She made her choice!" Says Lee. Piper punches him.

"Don't worry Ella, we can bring her a souvenir" says Fred with a wink. I roll my eyes.

"Where are we going anyways?"

"Well Freddie and I were thinking we could really use a trip to Hogsmede to restock on our joke products.." says George.

"So we thought--why don't we just go there now?" Adds in Fred.

"No! no way! I am not going to sneak out of the castle!" Exclaims Piper , stopping in her tracks and crossing her arms.

"Oh c'mon Pipe, it'd be fun!" Lee says with a cheeky smile.

"Lee I've told you and told you and... Wow that's really shiny armour on that statue.." Everyone laughs and Piper shakes her head "Lee Jordan! Do not call me Pipe!" Piper crosses her arms again and glares at her boyfriend.

"Sorry Pipe...r. Didn't mean to make you mad, why don't we go to the library instead of breaking the rules with these children" he winks at the twins who wink back at him.

"R-really? Lee you don't want to break the rules? You want to go to the library?"

"Yep" says Lee, popping the 'P' and grinning at the girl staring at him with round eyes.

"You know, maybe we should go to the hospital wing. I reckon that when Madame Pomfrey hears about this she'll want to send you off to Saint Mungoes!" Piper states, grabbing Lees hand and marching him down the stairs.

"Well that was entertaining!" Says George with a smile. "Shall we go now?"

"Of course!" Says Fred, linking arms with his twin and with me simultaneously.

"Wait! How are we going to sneak out of the castle! won't it be a bit obvious if we just walk through the front gates!" I say, bewildered at the Gryffindors stupidity.

"Ella, you really underestimate me and Georgie here. Of course we won't get caught and who on earth said anything about walking through the front gates?"

"Georgie and I," corrects a voice and I turn to see Rose walking up the staircase towards us. "We're you really going to go to Hogsmede without me? HOGSMEDE?"

"Well of course not! We just sent Piper off to go and retrieve you." Smirks George.

"Liar. I just walked past Piper practically dragging Lee into the hospital wing."

"Rose!" I exclaim, throwing myself into my best friends arms.

"George!" Fred exclaims, copying me and falling into his brother. Everyone laughs.

"So how are we getting to Hogsmede? We are supposed to be in our dormitories like... Now." Says Rose, checking the time.

"Come, through here. We'll explain everything." George says, pulling back a tapestry to reveal a hidden passageway.

"How did you know-"

"We will explain in a minute. Come on." Fred cuts me off, pushing me into the passageway.

We walk down a skinny hallway in a single file line for a bit until George stops abruptly, causing everyone to fall like dominos. "A little warning would've been nice." Mutters Rose, pushing herself off of George once I get up.

"Sorry. Forgot." George says with a wink.

"Yeah okay, you just probably wanted to get closer to Rose," I say but the twins seem to be ignoring me. They are holding a disheveled piece of parchment.